Sunday, February 11, 2007

Super Sketch Sunday


One week into the new features I've introduced, and I've screwed up! I thought the sketches I introduced each week were highlighted on Sundays, but it appears I introduced the feature as Saturdays last week. Whoops. I think I'll keep it on Sundays!

I'm trying to introduce sketches that are easy and quick. A minimum number of layers, yet impactful all the same. I layered two different but coordinating pieces of designer paper on the front of the card. Can you see where the three flowers are at the bottom of the card? That's where the paper changes from one paper to the next.

On my card, I used my new Basic Gray paper three quarters of the way down the front, and then I used an animal print the rest of the way down. I tore the Basic Grey paper and inked the edges right where the three flowers are. I used my Cuttlebug for the flowers. Two of the flowers are made in this order: large flower:SU cardstock, small flower:Basic Grey paper. Two other flowers are made like this: Large flower:Basic Grey paper, small flower:SU cardstock. The flowers are attached to each other with a brad. The sentiment is from the In My Thoughts SU set, and the flourish is from the Carte Postale stamp set. I hope I didn't confuse you with my directions, but I wanted to make sure you knew that there are two designer papers used on the front of the card, and two papers used to make the flowers. There is a method to my madness you know!!! Well, I'm off to church. I wanted to make sure I got this post up before the day got away from me. Happy stamping!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great Amy...I will attempt this one two since last week's was much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Amy! What is the name of the cuttlebug die you used for the flowers? I don't recall seeing that one. Is it new?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - this looks so yummy. I love the beautiful colors here. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so rich! Beautiful work! I'll have to see if I can squeeze in some sketch time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great sketch. I love this layout. And the colors you used are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:49 PM

    This is a lovely card. And you have a lovely looking blog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy, I decided to try your sketch challenge. Thanks for doing this. I needed it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin