Monday, February 12, 2007

Scrap Happy

Remember the star I made Saturday? Well, each point on the star was a different piece of paper. I traced the shape of the point and then cut out and glued it on the star. By doing that, I was left with funny shaped scraps of this most beautiful paper, none on it's own able to cover a card. So, I picked those scraps up, cut them up some more, and glued them together on the fronts of cardstock! All different patterns, all different papers. I think with the scraps I had, I covered 8 cardfronts! This is one of the cards I made with the Basic Grey scraps (Phoebe line).
I pulled out my new favorite flower stamp from Hero Arts and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock. I painted the image with my ink pads and aqua painter. The flower is matted in Rose Red and attached to the card with foam tape. For the center of flower, I used a large, brown brad to pull the brown of the paper into the flower image. As an added touch, I cut small pieces of patterned ribbon and folded them in half so they formed a small loop. Then I glued them to the BACK of the card just so they just peek out the edge of the main image! The sentiment is from the SU Small Sayings set. I know lots of you are afraid of using too many patterned papers together (some of you are afraid of using patterned paper at all:)), but, as you can see from this card, if the papers share color and intensity, you can put them together successfully. I do this all the time with my leftover scraps! Start digging through your scrapbox and pull out papers that share colors. When you've finished doing that, start messing around with them on the front of a card. It might take awhile to come up with something visually appealing to your eye, but don't give up. You eventually come up with something you love! Here's another card I made with the Basic Grey scraps! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Amy, these are gooooooorgeous, well done you, just fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Amy, I have tons of little pieces of patterned paper - now I know what to do with them! t

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Amy! I had to buy the HA stamp after I saw the card you made with it earlier, with the Rhona Farrer scroll! lol...I just love the new layout of your blog, and your challenges that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:37 PM

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. I love this paperline and seeing it on your beautiful creation I am just completely blown away. Fantastic job doesn't even begin to describe it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin