Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tuesday Tip of the Day

Did you know there are many places to gain inspiration for your cards? As wonderful as SCS is for getting ideas, there really is a plethora of other places that can spur your creative imagination! This past weekend, I visited Crate & Barrel for a little retail therapy.

On the way out the door, BINGO, I spotted their new spring catalog. I'm so excited for spring to get here because let me tell you, the colors for this season are amazing! One look through the catalog and I had a whole crop of ideas for color combos! See the 4 pillows in on the left side of the catalog page? Green, Cream, Blue, and Brown. Perfect. This was my inspiration for the day! From this ad, I was able to make this card.... (sorry about the color...it was hard to photograph correctly, the Certainly Celery looks more like a minty green)....
On my own, I don't think I would have combined all these colors. But when the retail world says it's ok to combine these colors, I'm there, sistah!! This catalog was chock-full of beautiful color combinations. You don't need the Crate & Barrel catalog to inspire you....what about Pier 1? Pottery Barn? Macy's? You get the idea! Everywhere you look, there are color combinations ripe for picking. Look beyond the obvious for creative inspiration--you will never lack for ideas if you do!



Have a great inspiring day!



p.s. How about another neat tip? Did you know that when you are viewing the gallery at SCS, you can view 90 thumbnails at a time? Here's how...on the SCS home page, go to "Today's Additions", in the center of the page, 1/4 of the way down. Click on it. That will bring you to the gallery. Once you are here, click on the "per page" box, which is located on the right side of the page. When you click on it, it will bring up your options for how many photos you want to view on the page. Click 12. Once it gives you 12, look at the address in the :http box at the top of the page. You'll see this big long address. Find the number 12 in the address box....it will appear something like this "12&cat=all&ppuser"....once you find it, in place of the 12, type 90 and hit enter. You should now have 90 gallery photos on your page! If you have any trouble with this, please email me. It's the best way to view the gallery!!

7 comments:

  1. I came over from Flaxychick's blog :)

    This is a great post with very good tips .. I seem to get tons of the catalogs everyday - now I can use them to help in my stamping!

    Also, the gallery tip is great -- I like blogs/webpages where lots of info is loaded up and I don't have to continually click to another page!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:19 PM

    I am here from Flaxychick's blog also...this is such a wonderfilled world to be in! love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card...love the color combo and how you derived it. Me, I just do what people tell me...hee hee! (Slave to color and sketch challenges!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,

    Awesome card! And funny that we actually made similar posts just a few days apart, e.g. being inspired for designs by every day "stuff." I was inspired by my son's outfit. :-) You can check it out on my blog, http://colorfulworld.blogspot.com.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations - they're all wonderful!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    Thanks for the great tips today!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:49 PM

    Neat! I always can view 48 at a time, now I'll have to change it to 90. Every day when I get home from work I have to look at the gallery.


    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:08 AM

    I looked at those pillows and thought of a card design!

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin