Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'm dying to share this with somebody!!!

Remember that project I told you I might tackle this weekend? Well, I tackled it sooner rather than later, and it was a breeze to make! A few nonths ago, while poking around the 2Peas gallery, I found this great idea by Sandy Krieger. Isn't it beautiful? I had bought my own metal star a while back, and thought maybe I could attempt this with mine. Well.....I did it!!! This is MY star,
finished and hanging on my new green wall! I am so happy with how it turned out, I'm going to go on a mad search of the city to buy more stars so I can make more of these to-die-for beauties!!! Note the paper I used on the star....it's the new collection pack of Basic Grey paper (Phoebe line) I bought yesterday! It matches my new green walls perfectly! It was hard to break into the pack, especially because I didn't know if I could make it stick to the star, but everything turned out ok. I followed Sandy's directions, and literally, whipped this thing out in less than an hour! I didn't have the kind of glue she used, so instead, I used Tombo Mono Metal Liquid glue, and it worked like a charm. Instead of outlining the exact directions here, please go to the link I gave above and follow Sandy's directions. They are SO well written and easy to follow!

p.s. One special note regarding Sandy's directions....I didn't have any tracing paper on hand, so I just used a brown paper bag and traced the star shape that way. I laid the paper on the star exactly like Sandy show's in her pictures.....

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Amy - love the papers and how it matches your wall. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous!! I LOVE the new basic grey lines and have some ordered for my store... Can't wait until they arrive.

    This star is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so cool! It does look awesome against the walls too! Love the papers! Hard to believe it was under an hour - it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin