Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Jen's Saturday Sketch Challenge

Since I'm so layout challenged lately, I decided to participate in Jen's (i{heart}2stamp) Saturday sketch challenge from last weekend. Now that I look more closely at her sketch, it appears I didn't follow it completely (is that a surprise to anyone?), but I was close enough!

Because we are also a little financially challenged here at my house these days, I dug into my designer paper stash to see what I could find that inspired me. I've had this paper from My Mind's Eye called Everyday Tango for a long time. It's a little bright to be using for fall and winter, but since I had no other choice but to use up what I have, out it came.

I used three different patterns from the Everyday Tango collection. The blue pattern for the main background, the green pattern for the vertical strip, and a stripe pattern for the horizontal strip. The main image was created using the swirl stamp from Baroque Motifs. I stamped it in Night of Navy on a piece of Whisper White. The sentiment is from my Inque Boutique set called Quotopia. Not only do I love this set, it's amazing rubber. It's incredibly crisp and clean! I did lots of sewing on this one, mostly the main image and the vertical and horizontal strips.

I think this card is missing something, do you? But I couldn't figure out where to place a ribbon, so I didn't add anything at all. What would you have done? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

It's SO cold here in MN this week! Brrrrrr.......my blood hasn't "thickened" yet, so it's hard for me to warm up. I bought new jacket yesterday because my coats from last year are a little "tight".........is that despressing or what? It is SO time to go on a diet, but I'm not feeling especially motivated to eat right or exercise. That is not a good thing if I want to lose weight! One thing I do know, it's time to get my butt in gear, and pronto!

I am off to get ready for BSF.....can I just tell you what a wonderful bible study this is? We are studying Matthew this year, and it has been amazing and just what I need as far as providing perspective and hope in this difficult times my family has been experiencing lately. I encourage you to check the national website to see if there is a BSF bible study near you that you could attend. They have a WONDERFUL children's program so your kids can be learning the same things you are learning each week! No need to find a babysitter! How wonderful is that?????

Hugs,
Amy

13 comments:

  1. good morning, amy! i really really like this card, just the way it is. i think you're used to doing so much on your cards that you think this needs something, but it really has a lot going on with the different papers and the stitching. the quote is what you want to pop, and it does. leave it be--it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:35 AM

    That really is a beautiful card.
    But I think I know what you mean.
    I like a little bling on my cards.

    You might add something like the A Muse Twinkle Stickers...maybe 3 across the left corner, just under the words. (You can get them at Ellen Hutson's store).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:46 AM

    I love this card. The colors and patterns are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I have to get that Inque Boutique set. I just love it!!! And I love the card. If you wanted to add something you could try a little hardware with some ribbon tied onto it, but I really like it as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, there's nobody that can make SCRAPS look as good as you do! this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in BSF this year, for the first time, and I really love it too. My boys are 3 and 4 years old, and this is their biggest highlight of each week... great teachers, and an amazing kids' program, just like you said. So glad you are able to be a part of BSF in your city!
    ps- love your card, just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the pretty papers and sewing! Beautiful, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever inspired you to pull out these papers, I'm glad you did. They look great: classy but bold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:01 PM

    this is truly amazing! the colors, the details...all of it!! you inspire me! thx for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:21 PM

    Amy, that card is beautiful! I love how you did all that sewing! I am terrible at sewing on my cards. I can't seem to sew a straight line. Oh well! All those papers look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy,

    If you wanted to add something I would add photo corners and either swirled a design on the photo corners with the glitter gel pen for some bling or add some brads. Love the colors!
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:59 AM

    Hey Amy...I LOVE this card...those are totally my colors...I don't know how it would look, but I might try two big brads along the top of the virtical strip???

    Things sound like they are going pretty well for you...busy, but well!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin