Saturday, August 25, 2007

One More Day!

Yep, you heard me, you've only got the rest of today to get your entry in for my blog business card contest! The deadline is tonight at midnight! If you've been meaning to sit down and make a card for the contest, now's the time, peeps! Don't wait a minute longer. Do you wanna know why? Cuz, you can win .......

.........................................THIS!!!!

That's right, you can win an 8x8 stack of this awesome new paper from DCWV! AND, I'll throw in some of the Rockstar embellishments to boot! AND, I might even throw in some other fun stuff I've got lying around in my studio going unused! Can you afford to pass this opportunity up?

Just to tempt you a tiny bit more, here's a card I made recently using this awesome paper.....

I made this card with my own 16-year-old rocker in mind. He celebrated his 16th birthday this summer. I only wish I would have had the paper when I made his card, but unfortunately, it hadn't been released yet. To make this card, I actually used the 4x6 stack collection, so I could see the whole guitar on the face of the card!

Since the design on the paper is the focal point of the whole card, I obviously didn't want to cover any of it u[p with a big sentiment or stamped image. Instead, I used my hand drawn star template to cut a star out of some metallic gold cardstock. Then I embossed it the star with gold embossing powder and the swirl stamp from the Baroque Motifs stamp set. It mimics the swirls in the paper! Then I took some American Craft Thickers and inked up the #1 and #6 with Ranger Ink in Walnut and adhered them to the star. The sentiment is from Savvy stamps (I think), and was stamped on Very Vanilla with ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan. Two star brads (which I embossed gold as well, since I didn't have any gold star brads) are placed on either side of the sentiment. The whole piece is mounted on the front of the card using dimensional tape.

Great paper, uh? I hope you can win it by having the winning business card entry! Don't shy away a second longer. It won't take you very long at all to whip one up.....

Hugs,
Amy

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:11 AM

    hey girlie,

    just wanted to pop in and say hi . . .this is such a great card. I'm gonna have to go check the competition's paper out (hehee).

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Amy! I'm one of your faithful fans that enjoys your blog SO much! (forgive me for not always take the time to leave a comment) Your wonderful creations always inspire me and I consider you one of the BEST! Today, you've convinced me I need to enter your business card contest. This paper you're offering up is gorgeous! I'll be emailing you my entry soon. Smiles, Pam :)
    "Stamping with Serendipity"

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool guy card! i'm not really a rocker, nor do i know many, but still...looking forward to seeing all the entries tomorrow or monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a great card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card! I like the way you used the image on the paper as the main image on your card. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin