Friday, July 27, 2007

I love my girlfriends!



I had a blast with the girls last night! These women are all such a blessing in my life--I can't believe we are still hanging out 26 years later! Yep, this group of beauties has been out of high school for 26 YEARS!! Everyone looks stunning, especially Julie (in the group shot, she is to my left with the black dress on) who recently lost more than 25 pounds! Woo-hoo! Way to go Jules! The night went perfectly, lots of hysterical R-rated conversation--with this bunch it's hard to avoid that! We managed to get our girls weekend to the cabin planned for the first weekend in November! A few of these girlies have outlawed any crafting that weekend, which became a huge joke last night. Just for giggles, I'm gonna enlist the help of Julie (a fellow crafter) to plan a secret craft project for these Anti-Crafter Negative Nellies!!!! LOL...if you have any fun ideas, let me know!!!

My mojo has been sporadic at best this summer, I'm finding it difficult to make anything worth posting! But, I was lucky yesterday when this little number transpired in the course of an hour or so. Sometimes things just flow, other times getting a card made is akin to pulling teeth--painful and torturous!!! I don't know why that's so true....

I love, love, love the colors in this paper from WR Memory Keepers (the Comstock Collection). So fall and cozy like! I used two different patterns from the Comstock Collection....Buttercup and Marigold. The bottom scallops were made using the other side of the Buttercup paper. The main image is a stamp from Baroque Motifs, and I embossed it in gold on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. It's matted on a piece of brown metallic cardstock.

Do you see the oval sentiment down at the bottom of the card? Guess where that came from? It came from the new SU set So Many Sayings. The set is actually only 3 stamps TOTAL, but I cut each one of those stamps up into individual sentiments! I kept the foam backing on the stamps, and then store them in one of the SU clear boxes. I mount the sentiments on a clear acrylic block to use them. I am SO happy I did this! I now have like a zillion sentiments to choose from! Gotta love that investment!

On a separate front, I am enlisting your help! I recently discovered that Archivers is now carrying the Bind-It-All! I've had my eye on this baby for forever (let me just say Archivers is so behind the 8 ball on what's hot it's ridiculous--this things been hot on the blog circut for MONTHS!). Now that I can buy it and not have to pay shipping, I'm debating on whether or not I REALLY need it. I feel like I DO, but that might just be my insatiable appetite for all cool things talking! Be sure and vote and let me know what you think I should do!!!!

Hugs,
Amy

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful friends and a beautiful card to boot! I think I need some of those mini scallop scissors now. You're right, those colors ARE gorgeous and autumn like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and look at all those hot mamas! :) BTW, congrats, Miss Featured Stamper!
    Ok, so the BIA. I have one, but have only made 1 thing with it. Not sure why...I have coils & stuff, it just hasn't called to me yet. Maybe I need to challenge myself to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of you all, and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card- you always know what's the right balance between too little and too much... you are my idol! I have a binder- got it at a convention 2 months ago- haven't pulled it out of the box...I don't know what to tell you- I just had to have it - but it hasn't called to me since...LOL... the things we just have to have. Hope other comments help you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need it. I have one and love it! It calls to me daily!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI...what a gorgeous bunch of ladies! Your card is absolutely stunning. So elegant...you really know how to put all the little details together!

    I don't have a BIA...I got a Rubicoil awhile ago and I love it...I do a lot of altered journals...I think the BIA would be the same type of thing???

    ReplyDelete
  7. love both your cards - from today and yesterday! love the colours you used in this card! looks like a fun time out with the girls too! that is awesome that you are still so close with so many from your class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:07 AM

    I have a BIA and i love, love, love it. My LSS got them in early this year and it is the coolest toy I own. I have made little photo brag books (5 of them), small journals for gifts and a new address book for me. One day i'll post pictures on my SCS gallery (bessieheav) for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:03 AM

    I love my BIA!! It's not something you'll use EVERYday, but if you like to make mini-albums, you'll use it often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking about getting the bind it all as well as the cutter that goes with it. I'm going to go check out Archivers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to have all the girls together! No crafting allowed?? Oh my...

    Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girlfriends are so important. I get together with two of my girlfriends that I knew since grade 5 and now I'm 45 and we still celebrate our birthdays together. So glad you had fun. Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun looking bunch! Glad you got to get together with your girlfriends. Lovely card as well. Great colors. Very classic.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin