Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Quick Post Today!

I don't have a lot of time to chit chat this morning...I'm off to the allergist in just a few minutes! It feels so good to be stamping again....I feel like it's been a million years! Unfortunately, every time I get to do it, I've got to get up and do something else. Grrr. I just want like 5 hours of uninterupted time for myself one of these days!

I'm showing you this card today because I made it for a gathering I'm going to tonight with my high school girlfriends! Two of the girls became life long partners many, many years ago (no flames please....these are my friends and my job is not to judge. I love them regardless!) and tonight we are celebrating them. They have been through all of our weddings, births, etc., celebrating right along with us, and we have never taken the time to celebrate THEM! So, we pooled our money, bought them a really fun "anniversary" gift (a weekend getaway at a B&B), and plan on taking them to dinner tonight!

I struggled, of course, on the kind of card I should make. They aren't married, but they've been together so long I wanted something that was really special. So, this is what I came up with. The designer paper is from Webster's Pages (such yummy stuff!). First ,I embossed in gold the swirl from Baroque Motifs right on top of the designer paper in the lower righthand corner . I didn't have any gold metal frames, so I embossed this one to fit in with the gold theme. The "cherish" sentiment is stamped on Purely Pomogranate in Whisper White. The medallions are embossed with gold as well, and then I painted them with my aqua painter and Old Olive, Purely Pomogranate, and More Mustard for some fun color that ties into the paper!

At the last minute, I added the bow, but I'm not sure it looks all that hot. I always struggle with that fine line of "not enough" and then "too much". The inside says "love of a lifetime", which describes my two friends.

I hope you like it. It was fun working with this set....I can't wait to make some more cards with it!

Gotta run....it's time for my weekly shots:(!
Hugs,
Amy

16 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is gorgeous! And what a very special occassion you are celebrating. Good for you. I think it is wonderful to celebrate true love...no matter WHO is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the soft colors and the ribbon is just right! When you figure out how to get those 5 hours, please, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Hi. Great card. But I can't figure out who the gals are...Can you spill?
    Your oldest and dearest is starting to feel neglected. Drop a line when you find some of those hours. Missing you. C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card. Sharing your talent with your firends shows what a loving friend you are. Your gorgeous card celebrates this lovely celebration. After all, God first loved us and He is the source of all love.

    I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Amy, what a pretty card. You can tell that a lot of thought went into it!
    A perfect card for a perfect occasion...love is love no matter what. Can I be your friend (I want to go to a B&B too!)? *chuckle*

    Very thoughful of you. You must be a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a wonderful friend! I wish more people would take your advise about not being judgmental- I always tell my kids that it takes all people to make the world go round! I love your card! I have a few life long couples that I never can figure out what kind of cards to send on special days- now I have insperation! Thanks- and when you find that 5 hours let the rest of us know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:47 PM

    Amy, love your blog. I check it everyday. As usual, your card is stunning. Your friends are very lucky, in each other, and in you!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I hope you have a fun night, what lucky gals to have such awesome friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy: I love the card. Your friends are lucky to have a friend like you...Who are we to judge one another? I am glad your friends have love in their lives. To each his own...that's what I always say. Let us know if they are thrilled with their gift! How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Beautiful card. What a wonderful group of friends. Have a fun celebration and send them congrats from me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. PERFECT - love, companionship, life long friends, celebration, card, dinner..... what more can I say? PERFECT, lila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card...just love it! And your friends are lucky to have such a supportive friend in you! Hope you had a fun night out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. Hope you had a fun evening and congrats on the design team opportunity!! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:31 AM

    Wow, I love the coloring on the motifs. I don't think I've seen anyone else do that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful and elegant card. Lovely job, as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin