Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Try Something New Tuesday!

I was panicking yesterday when I realized today was Try Something New Tuesday, and I had not tried something new yet! Yikes! The pressure was on, but life took over and by this morning, I still didn't have anything to share. Thank heavens for the other blogs I read! I suddenly remembered Emily's (Stamping and Stuff) post-it-note tutorial she had shared recently, so I popped in over there and got the directions!

Are these things ever a BLAST to make, and they're SO, SO scrumptious! Her instructions were spot-on, and I had one finished in the blink of an eye. I had plenty of time to even make a second post-it-note holder!

Both were made with scraps from my overflowing scrap drawer, you gotta love that. The first one I used left over scraps from the MME Tres Jolie line of papers, a multi-colored plaid brimming with all my favorite colors. I used a mellow lime green cardstock for the base of the note pad and then adhered the Tres Jolie paper on top. I added a simple border of scallops on the left side (Cool Caribbean) and laid on top of that a vertical strip of hot pink polka dot paper for accent. The sentiment is from Hero Arts, and was stamped in Rose Red on Very Vanilla cardstock. It's punched out with the 1 1/4 in. circle punch. The pink mat underneath the sentiment is the same paper as the vertical strip down the left side of the pad. For fun, I added a caribbean blue colored polka dot ribbon tab to the sentiment, and another one to grab on to lift the note pad open. Isn't it cute? I love it! I'm going to make tons of these with my scraps!

For the second note pad, I used a scrap piece of paper by Crate(Tulip)as the card base this time. I don't do that very often (try ever), but thought it would give such a great look to the pad, both front and back! To accomodate the Perfect Plum scalloped border, I cut off about a 1/2 in piece of the front panel of the note pad. I glued the border on to the BACK of the front panel, so it was even in length with the back panel. A red and white polka dot ribbon hides the seam and coordinates perfectly with the Crate paper! The sentiment is from Michael's, it's one of the old $1 stamps. I stamped in on Very Vanilla with Perfect Plum ink. The scallop circle is Perfect Plum cardstock. A few doodles around the scallops finishes it off! The scalloped circle sentiment is adhered to the front with dimensional tape. I couldn't resist going around BOTH note pads with my Sakura Stardust pen for a little sparkle.

So, what do you think? Are you going to run over to Emily's blog and get the directions to make one of these yourself? Yes!!!! They are so much fun!

Ok, now it's time for the uncomfortable part of my blog this morning. It's my confession that I have been a very bad RAK blogger friend.....I have failed to acknowledge a few RAKs I've received recently, not purposely, but because they either got lost on my very disorganized desk, or, because we were gone on vacation and then Muriel's illness took over our lives. Regardless, there is no real excuse for forgetting to acknowledge these awesome ladies who so generously took time out of their day to bring a little sunshine to MY day. Without further ado, here they are....

This one is from Colleen Shaen (Distictive Touches), and it's the only one I'm timely in my thanks with! I just got it in the mail Saturday. Would you just look at these colors? Colleen featured this on her blog a few weeks ago and I liked it then, but I love it IRL. I'm so proud of Colleen for taking chances and working with multiple patterns on one card...she did a great job!


This RAK is from Melissa Norris at Melissa's Musings, and it's the one I'm most tardy in showcasing and thanking. Melissa's card got stuck underneath a pile of my freelance work right next to my computer. It should never have gotten there in the first place! I'm sorry Melissa. Look at it, isn't Bella adorable? Melissa did a great job coloring/shading her. And the celebrate sentiment? It's covered with a clear glass finish! AND, it sparkles! Thank you so much Melissa for thinking of me!

This RAK is from Rhonda at Quiltnut Creations. Another Bella, this time with flowers (I'm sorry, I don't know the exact names of these beauties yet). I love how Rhonda used a scallop scissors to cut around Bella, and then she doodled around the scallops. It really makes her stand out! Thank you Rhonda!


The final RAK I will show you is from Tammy Fite at Stamp With Tammy. She wanted to let me know how much she enjoyed reading my blog. I love sweet comments like this, because I like writing for all you guys! It's so much fun, and I'm so glad Tammy is one of my readers. I love how Tammy used velum for the sentiment on the card, and it's wrapped around the main image and then stapled (along with ribbon) to the image. Very cool. Thank you Tammy!

11 comments:

  1. Amy, your little post-it note cards are soooo cute! I just have to try one out today...can I copy?

    Don't feel you need to publicly thank us...we send you cards to cheer you up and brighten your day...NOT for the thanks we get back silly! We just love you and want to share.

    HUGS, I hope your MIL is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Post it Note cards are fantastic and how wonderful to receive all those great cards. Your Mother In Law is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love your post it note holders Amy, especially like the colors in the second one. I haven't done that yet either, will have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post-it note cards are so nice! Great job with them...and thanks for sharing your RAK's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post it note holders! So cute! You got some great RAKs too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're welcome Amy

    love those post-it note cards-too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are great... You sure were busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:22 AM

    Those post-its are adorable. What a great way to use those Michael's dollar stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy - your post-it note holders are so cute and so are your RAK's. thanks for sharing!!

    Beth (mommy to a busy 3 3/4 yr old)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visit your blog often to see all of the wonderful cards you create! you are extremely talented! Thank you for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great little project with the post it's. Love the ribbon tabs.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin