Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday are Rough




Happy Monday! That's sort of an oxymoron isn't it? Is there such a thing as a happy Monday's? How many of you hate Monday's? If you work outside of the house, chances are many of you do not like Monday's at all. It's SO hard to make that transition each week from fabulous weekend fun to boring Monday work. Here's a hug for each of you that might be experiencing this very thing this morning. It will be over soon!

I made today's card with some fun new paper I recieved from my Caardvarks win last week! Memories2U is the sponsor of the prize. They sent me a package that contained lots of fun American Craft paper (I love AC), fancy buttons, rub-ons, Thickers (chipboard stickers), flowers, ribbon, chipboard, brads, etc. Thank you Memories2U and Caardvarks! Isn't that fun? I love new stuff!



The background paper on this card is the new American Craft paper. It's brown and cream. The rust colored paper (the small horiztonal strip next to the main image) is from Bazill, I think. I never buy Bazill paper, so it was fun to receive this and give it a try. And I love the color. The scripty paper is from Basic Grey and is one of my favorite papers ever. It tied in so well with the American Craft paper and the Bazill!

The main stamped image is from Hero Arts. I stamped a piece of Very Vanilla with Versamark and then embossed it with gold embossing powder. I then painted the image with Old Olive, Burnt Sienna and Creamy Brown inks. I matted it with brown cardstock. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from my Paper Tray collection, and it was stamped with Dark Brown Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink. To balance the card on the left side, I added a brown and white polka dot ribbon to the left side and placed it vertically on the card. These are all my favorite colors, but so out of the ordinary for me this time of year (when I'm mostly using brights!). I'm pleased with how it turned out, though!

Well, my SIL arrives around noon today from Virgina. The plan was that she would come home in time to take care of her mom right after she came home from the hospital. But, at this point, we don't see Muriel coming home from the hospital anytime soon. She is experiencing what those in the medical field call Intensive Care Delirium. Supposedly, this explains the delusional conversations she's been having the past few days. I tried Googling it last night, but most of the information online is in medical verbiage, making it difficult for people like me to understand. The hospital says it could last as long as 2 weeks. The internet says this: This complication of hospital stay is extremely hazardous in older persons and is associated with prolonged hospital stays, institutionalization, and death. At least we have a name for what's been happening. I think I need to forget what I've read and give it up to the Lord. He is urging me to have faith. He is a good God and will not forsake Muriel. That is what He says. I've just got to stop worrying and believe it. Her path has long been planned out, and will take it's course regardless of my trying to manipulate the outcome to suit our happiness. Right? Right. Thanks for listening and thanks for your kind words. Please keep the RAK's coming for Muriel. They not only help her, but they help me!



Hugs to you,

Amy

p.s. This is a one of the photos I shot this weekend of my son. So intent on the game at hand....

14 comments:

  1. What an awesome pic of your son! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Just wanted to say my prayers are there for you and your family - my little 90 year old grandfather who had never been sick a day in his life, fell after Christmas and cracked a hip. He suffered the same thing while in the hospital (and you helped me make that connection) but he is home now, feels good, and has his walker with wheels on it! The rest of us have to RUN to keep up with him - so I agree, God is awesome and takes care of all of us! Keep the good thoughts and I hope your mother-in-law is home and wheelin' around soon!! (we're thinking about taking my granddad's wheels off because he is TOO fast for the rest of us!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:10 AM

    Amy,
    Here is a verse that I have been memorizing, John 14:1 - Do not let your hearts be troubled; trust in God, trust also in me. It has been reminding me that if I trust GOd to handle things, I will not be worried. :) Also another one is Philippians 4:6-7.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the HUG, needed it today, got to work and no power, which meant no air, so everyone sat for 2 1/2 hours until the power came back up. At lunch now so thought I would catch up. My Aunt's mother had experienced the same thing and what they did was have her bed moved to a window so she could see outside and day and night, within 2 days she was back to her old self. My prayers are with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your family & your MIL - times like these are so hard on everyone - but, as you say, God is still in control! All our days are numbered & only He knows when we'll get to go home & be with Him. Hope Muriel will have more time here with her family though & that the Drs. can help with her problems so she can enjoy her family as they visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so pretty! Love that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and your family. Times like these are so trying and such a strain on everyone. Be sure to take care of yourself. Your family needs you and we need you to keep inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, as always; and what a fantastic picture of your son! If you scrapbook, I'd love to see what you come up with for this photo.

    My thoughts and prayers are with your MIL and your family. Sometimes it is so hard to put your trust in the Lord, but as you say, your MIL's path was layed out long ago. It's just so difficult to have to accept.

    My elder son passed away 1 1/2 years ago, and I have really had a trying time with my faith. I just have to keep telling myself that this life is just a moment compared to eternity, and that I will be together with my son again.

    Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, that is an AMAZING picture of your son...WOW

    Second, I will be praying for you and your family...I am sorry to hear that things are not progressing as quickly and as well as they could be. Keep the faith.

    Third, congrats on the contest win and what GREAT stuff you got...I LOVe the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card, and that photo of your son is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:34 PM

    What a gorgeous card! Love the fall colors.

    Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmm...that is one delicious card! Love the rounded corners and colors. Also, sending {{{HUGS}}}to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Prayers offered up, Amy. A note of encouragement, one of my friends' mom was in the hospital for totally routine surgery and went into this dillusional thing you mentioned. The doctors gave a similar prognosis and had the family scared into believing the end was near. I don't recall if it was one of the doctors or family insistence, but they scaled back her meds and she totally came out of the dillusional state and was released within a day or two after fixing her meds. So I pray that the same is true for Muriel.

    FYI, I've missed reading your blog ... I've been in Texas for several weeks; I can't wait to catch up on your past posts! Great photo of your son.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card, Amy. Love those papers. My heart goes out to you - it's so tough to let God do his thing without trying to "help" Him figure out what He's supposed to do. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin