Sunday, June 24, 2007

Super Sketch Sunday #18



Sorry the sketch is late today! Our internet was down this morning so I was unable to post today's sketch until after I got home from our baseball game (big tournament this weekend!). When I got home, thankfully it was working again!

I tried something a little different for today. Instead of making the card first and then drawing the sketch based on the card, I make the sketch first and then made the card. Sort of how you guys do it. You see my sketch and then you base your card off the sketch. Usually I just do it the opposite. It has always been easier for me to make the card first, because I never, ever plan my cards in advance. I just sit down in my chair and pray mojo takes over! It was actually WAY easier to do it this way. It kind of took the pressure off me to "create" a really cool card for the sketch. This way, I had the sketch planned and finished in Photoshop in less than 3 minutes and then I just had to follow it while making my card! I'll definitely have to do it this way in the future!

I've been so busy lately, I decided to make this a really easy sketch for you to work on. Once I chose my papers, it went together lickity-split! For the background paper, I dug into my Scarlet Letter Basic Grey collection.

The first panel on the card is a coordinating piece of Basic Grey paper from the same collection. The second panel, the image panel, was made using my Fancy Pants Pollen stamp set for the flourishes. The sentiment is from Happy Harmony. The two squares in the corners is just Real Red cardstock. This will be a sketch you can use time and time again for quick cards. I hope you like it and I hope I see lots of people giving it a try.

Well, I'm off to try and get some stamping done. Hubster is going to visit his mom (Muriel is talking somewhat, but is VERY delusional. Yesterday she was ranting about my husband and how he was running the training camp for the MN Vikings. He was BMIC (Big Man in Charge)! Yikes! She was also talking about being worried about her "knee surgery" and about how she was going to be able to keep her balance. She's really out there, I'm afraid. She's never had knee surgery, nor are there any plans for a future knee surgery! At least she's talking, though. It is my feeling that she is delusional from the medication (she is on Delodid...not sure of the spelling though). It is the strongest street drug out there. It often makes patients delusional when they take it. I was on an IV drip with it once and I went into tachycardia (super fast heartbeat, sweats, nauseous, etc) because they dripped it too fast. I live in one of the best states/cities for medical care, and they do this to me? Yikes. Anyways, her primary care physician visited with her yesterday and told hubby's dad that it would be a slow, long road till she's fully recovered. So, needless to say, she still needs your prayers and good wishes!

14 comments:

  1. This is "sophisticated whimsy" at its best. My favorite! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I am definitely trying this one. Thank you so much for Sketch Sunday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Love the card and thanks for the update on your MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout, one of my favorites. Here is the card I created with it: http://stampernmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this sketch and have just the idea where I will use it! I too love this Basic Grey paper...I haven't cut into mine yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:08 PM

    Thanks so much for posting these challenges!! The sketches are so much fun to use! You can see my simple take on it at www.stampwithtammy.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch! I got to try it yesterday. I posted it on my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, how'd I miss you Super Sketch Sunday post? I gotta get on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am new to the blogging scene. I just love your style and gave this sketch a whirl. Check it out at www.analteredheart.blogspot.com
    thanks for the inspiration, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:31 AM

    Great sketch...here is a link to the card I made using it:
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/593973?cat=500&ppuser=108078

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during your MIL's struggles.
    Geny C. (aka Mommy Geny)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a few days late on getting a card done using one of your sketches! Here is the link to my blog, to show you...thanks for your great inspiration! Hope all is well with you!
    http://allenjeni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm way late, but I finally got to do it! Here's my version! http://oodabugalley.blogspot.com/2007/06/super-sketch-sunday-18.html
    Thanks for the challenge, Amy! I just them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sketch, Amy! Staying true to my "rule-breaking" personality, my card is just a bit different than the sketch, but I liked the look of the circle panel so much I had to use it. :) http://poeticartistry.blogspot.com/2007/07/happy-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I am a week late, but I wanted to try this sketch for a square card. Thanks for the challenge Amy!

    http://sherrie-cardcreme.blogspot.com/2007/07/summer-mum.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin