Friday, June 08, 2007

Flashback Friday!



Morning! And what a beautiful one it is here in MN! I love spring mornings like this one. The birds are outside chirping and entertaining the world, the sun is shining through the windows. All is right in the world when you hear and see these things.

Today is Flashback Friday, and here is the card I chose to share with you and recreate. It looks like I made this last summer when I was big into distressing AND paper tearing! I so loved tearing paper, as you can tell. I love all the fun colors in my old card, but I'm not too fond of the distressing and tearing. But, you live and learn, right? I wonder if I'll look at paper piecing (which I do all the time now) next summer and think it's not very attractive? Only time will tell!

I did the re-create this morning. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the "oh baby" stamp, so I just used something else. I figured you'd get the gist of what I was trying to do! Obviously, I didn't tear a thing for my new card! And I didn't distress anything either. What I did do is sew stitches on the card, which I'm into alot lately. Everything else is pretty much the same, most notably the layout. It would be fun to be able to use the same papers as I did with the old card, wouldn't it? Someday I'll have to dig through my scrap drawer and try and do something like that. You would think that with all the scraps I have I'd be able to come up with some of the same papers anyways!

Today is going to be a quick post as I have lots to do to get ready for tomorrows vacation departure. We are hoping to pull out of the driveway by 9a-930a. I told hubby already that I plan on stopping and visiting some stamp/scrap stores in Duluth, MN like we did last year. I can do plenty of damage in a quick 20 minutes in-20 minutes out scenario!!!! My boys were not too happy to hear I wanted to stop though. But too bad for them, right? Everything revolves around them 98% of the time, so the last 2% my hubby and I try and grasp on to for a change.



Here are a few RAK's I have received lately.


The first one is from Tami Grandi (tamijo @ SCS). She made the card using Beate's tutorial! I love these cards, I have made a few myself. The teal, brown and olive green are so cool together, what a great color combo! Tami adhered the flowers on the front using dimensional tape, so they really pop. Thanks for thinking of me Tami!

The second card is from Diane Roberts (she's from MN--hi Diane!). She likes to visit me here at Heartfelt Greetings, so she sent this card. It really is beautiful, the teal and brown and green (hey, do you see a pattern here with the teal, brown and green?) rocks. I love your card Diane! Thank you!

The final card I'll show you today is from my new friend Denise Roberts. She is the woman who sent me her scraps for my Scrap Stash Saturday feature a few weeks ago, and I made this card with them.....Since then, Denise was encouraged to give it a try herself and use the same scraps to make a card. This is what she came up with....isnt' it wonderful? Denise sent along a two page letter (both sides!!!) sharing with me how she was inspired to push herself because of what she's learned on Scrap Stash Saturdays! I am SO proud of you Denise for not being afraid to give something new a try! You totally nailed it, and you should be proud of yourself. In the right proportions, there really should be no papers too difficult to put together. Way to go, and thank you for all YOUR support. Hugs!

Well, I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting any RAK's that might be hidden under this mess I call a desk. If I have and you are feeling bad because I haven't acknowleged you, please accept my humble embarrassed apologies! I promise I'll dig through this mess shortly and find anything hiding under there.

Since I'm leaving for vacation in the morning, that means NO Scrap Stash Saturday and NO Super Sketch Sunday. I hope you miss me, I'll totally miss you guys. Where I'm going there is no internet, and if there was, they'd take my laptop away from me if I dared take it out at camp. So, it's totally cold turkey until Thursday. You better all come back and not desert me! I'll miss you. Please say a prayer for us while we gone!

Hugs & Smiles,
Amy

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Beautiful card! Have a fun and safe trip! See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I just love your cards today. I was totally into tearing last summer too!!! I am glad that one is not popular any more. I love your redo...much better!

    Have fun at camp...don't worry about us...we will be fine...*sniff sniff* We will miss you! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blashback card and new one are great. Have a safe trip and share pictures of the goodies you managed to find in 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the "take 2" of the card - beautiful!! Have a great vacation - we will miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your flashback cards, Amy! They are both great! Lovely RAKs too! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin