Friday, May 18, 2007

Flashback Friday!



I've got another oldy but a goody to share today!

I'm not quite sure what I was trying to convey on this card, but it sure looks like the grill was burning the sentiment!!! Oh my Lord. This card is hysterical! It looks like the sentiment is red hot and charred! Sorry about the blurry picture, but I wanted to share it anyways because it was so funny.

The even more amazing thing about my BBQ card is that I made this just last summer! That's not very long ago peeps. I was probably so proud of this. Why oh why??? Whatever was I thinking? I think it's quite obvious....I wasn't thinking.

Quick, let's flash forward to today! Isn't this much prettier than the BBQ card?
Whew. You can be rest assured I won't make any cards like that anymore.

Today's card was such a FUN card to make. I wanted to use my new PMS Bella stamp again, and I knew I wanted to mimic the fun MME paper on the chair she's sitting on. So, I took out my fabulous Prisma pencils and got to work coloring her up. All I did was first color the chair in stripes using blue and lime green, two prominent colors in the paper. Then I used orange for her shirt and socks, and I paper pieced her sweat pants with pink polka dot designer paper. Once everything was colored, I went back over the chair with PINK stripes in the opposite direction as the green and blue stripes. It was so much fun getting crazy like this. Doesn't PMS Bella look comfy and happy sitting in her fun chair?

The sentiment from Bella Stamps is one I could NOT resist! "You Stuffeth, You Puffeth". I mean, COME ON! Is this so true??????????? Unfortunately, I've been "puffeth-ing" a bit too much these last few years, thanks to being over 40. I just thought every woman everywhere could relate to this sentiment.

I have been loving using my slit punch to make scalloped edges, and this card proves it. I used a scallop border on both the top and bottom of my designer paper and on the stamped image. Two colorful bows finish the card off perfectly.

As I said a few days ago, I have not had much luck applying for design teams so far this year. And yesterday was no exception. I found out I did NOT make the Impression Obsession team, which is a bummer. I haven't quite figured out what these stamp companies are looking for in terms of designers. I don't think I'm a fabulous stamper, but I don't think I suck either. I guess it's just not "my" time yet. My "style" just isn't translating well with these companies. Maybe it just means that something even bigger and better is out there waiting for me. I think that's the spin I'll take on it instead of getting down on myself and thinking I suck. I can't let "them" define how good of a stamper I am, as I've said before. Oh well. It will come. I just have to remember that.

Hope you all have a great day! I have my brother's 50th birthday party tonight that I need to make a card for. I might make him one of those "lollipop" bouquets that say "50 Sucks". Time to get busy.

Hugs to you all!
Amy

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 AM

    Oh Amy, please don't get down. One thing I have learned it to never look at others for a definition of yourself. You ARE a wonderful stamper...very creative, very stylish, and very unique. I know the right opportunity will come along. Keep your chin up and keep trying. HUGS my cyber friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! I have some cards using that same BBQ stamp set that just make me laugh! Love the scallops on today's card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:54 AM

    BBQ card was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh. I know I have some crazy cards like this as well. (we all do). I Love the card today! Bella looks mighty comfortable in her chair! Good Job! Don't get so down on yourself! You will get it, You do a *great* job. It's not your time yet,that just means that the best is yet to come! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually your BBQ card isn't that bad...It reminds me of a card I saw in a SU! magazine awhile back. :-)

    Of course your Bella is beautiful! The sayings is hysterical and made me think..."humm..maybe I shouldn't have eaten those four Oreos this afternoon..." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Amy, your card is gorgeous!

    I am sorry to hear you didn't get picked for the design team you applied for. I think you are a fantastic stamper! It will happen. And whoever will pick you, will be darn lucky! Because you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bella card is absolutely adorable. I am so in love with that MME paper. I need to get myself more of it, like in every color way! LOL So cute! Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! Bella's chair rocks! Wonderful card! Design teams: at least you're applying. This is definately the first step. I haven't even tried that yet. If you got accepted too quickly, the rest of us would have to hate you :) I would not say this to everybody. I believe in encouragement but not false flattery. I think you have a wonderful style. Everything you do is colorful and happy. You are very talented, and I can only imagine that your time WILL come. Keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful card! I think you are so creative !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:14 PM

    I'm totally adoring your Flashback Friday. You know, it would be fun to see you use the same stamps on your flashback card... a then and now sort of feature.

    Keep trying with the DTs, you'll find one that fits you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I have ordered bellas like two weeks ago and haven't seen them yet. I keep running to the mail box! I really like how you did the chair to match the paper! I can't believe how far you have come in a year! Pretty soon, you will have these stamp companies falling over themselves begging for your talents! Awesome work!!! Keep it coming@

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all those yummy scallops and that hilarious sentiment. You're style is just so great... keep at it... I know you'll be snatched up and on your way to stamping fame soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:04 AM

    Oh my goodness, Amy, the minute I saw that flashback card, I thought the BBQ grill was a little space ship floating out there, LOL! I'm so glad you're sharing these ... it makes me feel ssoooo much better, and proud of myself for having grown past some of those earlier, er, "style choices."
    (Love the Bella by the way!)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin