Thursday, May 17, 2007

Simple and Understated

Good morning!

Ahhh, it feels so good to be back in my routine if only for a moment. Today I plan on locking myself in my stamp room and stamping my hearts desire. I am so behind on cards it's not even funny! I might take a little "lunch break" though and run to Archivers to see if anything is calling my name.

I was able to stamp just a little bit last night, so miraculously, I've got a card to share this morning! Woo-hoo, miracle of miracles. We did have my oldest son's band concert to go to right after dinner, but we got home in time for me to watch A. Idol (results show) and stamp a bit. Speaking of Idol.....is anyone as bummed as I am that Melinda is going home? What a crock. She is the most talented of the remaining Idols and she's going home. It should have been Blake. There's just something about him that doesn't sit well with me. I think he's very fake and makes the goofiest faces while he sings. I think he's probably a nice enough guy, but he doesn't deserve to be there. It's a travesty she got voted off. I was very sad after the show was over.

I would love to tell you who makes the paper I used for today's card, but I can't find the little strip of paper that was across the bottom of the page...I really love it. I'll keep searching for it today and if I find it, I'll let you know. I actually struggled alot with what kind of stamping I should do on this card. I think the layout is actually the focal point of the card, and when that happens, putting stamping on it sort of takes away from the impact of the layout. I finally settled on a sentiment from my Green Grass Card Greetings stamp set. The "happy birthday" sentiment is very simple and understated, so it worked perfectly on the card.

The green polka dot paper I used for the scallop border is from MME. I can't get enough of their new Tres Jolie paper! I bought a few more pieces yesterday when I stopped into one of my favorite stamp stores here in town. The green paper is the back of the MME polka dot paper. I pulled out my handy-dandy paper piercing template and pierced some holes across the card in a few different places. I've not used the template much, so it was fun to use it last night!

Really, that's about all there is to this card. As I said, the layout is the primary focus of the card. Do you see the polka dot border near the top of the card? That's just the waste from the scallop border I punched. No need to throw that piece away when you make scallops! How's that for a little tip of the day! Thursdays aren't a complete loss for usable information here at Heartfelt Greetings!

Well, it's time to turn my attention to my stamps. They are calling my name. I am so looking forward to being a lug today and not doing much other than stamp. Sometimes you just have to stop, assess, and follow what your heart is telling you. And mine is telling me to STAMP SISTER! My children will have a happier mom if this happens!

Hugs to you, my favorite women in the world!

Amy

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Girl, another beautiful card!
    I am sure Melinda will get a record deal, winning American Idol or not!
    The paper is Fancy Pants, Aged Floral collection. I have a sheet like that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archievers must be a very nice place. I know you mention it a lot. Love this card and your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card this morning! The scallops are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgeous card!!! I was VERY shocked to see Melinda go !! Like Beate said, she will be fine ! What did you think of Eliot and his new hair and teeth ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. American Idol finally got to that point in the season where popularity beat out pure talent. *Sigh*

    I'm so glad you get a day to stamp! This card is awesome! I love the way you used the negative of your scalloped border... and all that yummy paper is candy for my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, Amy! Great patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Neat card....the paper almost looks like some I got at Hobby Lobby....and yes I am in total shock yet this morning that Melinda was voted off....Blake is way out there!!! I am thinking positive though that she will get a record deal.
    Debbie J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:27 PM

    Very pretty card!
    I'm still shocked about Melinda. Granted, she's got a great future, but she should still be there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card. The first little "detail" that caught my eye was how you used the (waste) piece of scalloped paper to create another unique element on your card.
    PS I'm rooting for Jordin but I did think it was a crock that Melinda went instead of Blake & I live in WA state so you'd think I'd be voting for him but I'm not.
    Ida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Okay, I Love this card! it is just stunning!
    Also, I believe that Melinda is the most talented, but I do think that Blake relates better to the teenagers. My teenagers love him! I like him because I think that he is a nice guy and will represent the younger population well.
    I also like Jordin, so any of them are okay with me......
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:25 PM

    I have some beautiful papers that I would love to spotlight and this layout is just perfect. Consider yourself cased!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:04 PM

    I LOVE this card. I find myself drawn to more paper crafted cards and less stamping sometimes...these are the kinds of cards that get published!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've scalloped the paper and then used both pieces! I am with you on American Idol. Too bad the show has turned into a popularity contest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh Amy! I love this! You're right. The design is wonderful and stands on its own, no extra stamping required. Simpler cards are definately my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEEEAUUUTIFUL!!! I love it Amy. I sent some scraps your way but then got it back because dumb me - I didn't put enough postage on it. Oh Boy!! And just so you know I tossed in some ribbons and extra little goodies too - just for fun, use 'em up or toss 'em out. I hope you get it this time without delay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:05 AM

    This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love how you used the positive and the negative of the scallops on the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! I really like the layout and the paper! Very vintage looking. Enjoy your day. Sunday is my slug day and it couldn't get here fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did it again! Another terrific card! I love the way the scalloped dotted paper and its negative to frame that beautiful floral paper (I love Fancy Pants papers.) Thanks for sharing you talents!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Simple and Understated? WOW! This is over-the-top fablous in my book! Love it, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Understated? My term would be elegant. I love the romantic quality in this card. It's just plain lovely. Off off to add it to Clipmarks right now... :D thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin