Thursday, April 26, 2007

Whew.

I'm back! This time my computer is working, but our main computer is now down suffering the very same problem I just had with mine! I can't tell you how hard it is to try and communicate with computer people halfway across the world in order to fix a computer!

Anyways, for now I'm up! Yippee! I missed you all. Thanks for all the nice comments while I was gone! Since I haven't stamped in a while, I'll share with you instead a card I made using this new product I found at Micheal's before I left. It is a box of premium embossed square cards (white, 5.5x5.5), that are ready to snazzy up a bit with stamps! The box is $9.99 for 40 cards, so I thought it was a great deal, especially since I'm so enamoured with square cards lately! There are 10 different embossing patterns (brocade, baby, dots, hearts, friends, etc) in each box.

The card I made using them is for my son's confirmation teacher, as a thank you for her service to the kids. Because I used the pre-embossed cards, it was put together lickity-split! I can't remember who made the chipboard, my mind isn't quite back into the swing of things! I used scrap paper for the punched flowers! Don't the punch flowers tie in perfectly with the embossed card? When time is tight, I think these cards are a great option for getting something made quickly!

I'll write more later about the trip once I get my bearings together. There's so much to do around here I think stamping will take the back burner. Fortunately, I've got all the cards to show you that I was going to show you while I was gone, so that's good!

I was also tagged alot when I was gone, so I'll get around to getting that done too! Thank you to all who tagged me!

It's so good to be back!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01 AM

    So glad you are back! I've really missed your lovely artwork and this card is a delightful welcome back to the cyber world of blogs. :) I can't wait to get some of these cards. That is a great price even without a coupon. Thanks a bunch.
    barb hendrickson

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal on the box of cards! Yours is so cute - I love the colors. I really like white cards, so I can't wait to see what else you make with these. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrific-looking card! I have seen these at Michael's...with a 40% coupon burning a hole in my wallet, I might just have to pick this up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very glad you are back...I got a bit worried about you, but I figured you were having such a great time and were just too busy to blog. (good for you!) I LOVE that card today...it is so simple yet so very sweet...the colors are wonderful.

    welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how you were going to use these cards without covering up all that gorgeous embossing, including the awesome border. Well, you did it! Really love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just adorable! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back! I was challenge deprived while you were away! Those cards look fun! Where did you get them? Anywhere I could use a coupon? {wink}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally into that size card too. I just like the 4x4 sq cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Amy. Love those little boxes of card blanks, but found them to be quite expensive. You did a wonderful job with this design. Glad to see you back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card! Love, love, love it! And those embossed card fronts..you know I'll be visiting Michael's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Very cool. I've been staying away from the Michael's in my neighborhood because the store was getting so sloppy, but I may have to stop by for a box of those cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin