Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Mr. Birdy!



I needed some cheerful colors to look at this morning, so I chose to feature this card I made last weekend! Isn't Mr. Birdy cute?

I found the background paper last week at a LSS. It's from Fancy Pants. Isn't it fun? It's a bunch of patterned birds in all different spring colors. I thought my bird from Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer would be perfect with the paper.

Mr. Birdy was first stamped on both a piece of Whisper White cardstock (punched out with my square scallop punch) and on a piece of orange polka dot designer paper (Kaliedescope). I cut Mr. Birdy out of the orange paper and plopped him on top of image of Mr. Birdy on the Whisper White cardstock. Doesn't it look like a real birdy walking across the card?

Bird Man was then matted on a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock and then cut out with my scallop scissors to match the scallop Whisper White piece. To bring a little more color into the equation (you know me, I can never have too much color!), I found a piece of green polka dot paper from my scrap stash to lay horizontally across the front of the card. Bird Man was adhered to the card on top of the polka dot paper.

For the sentiment, I used the birthday stamp from Circle of Friendship, and cut it out by hand. I have a problem with this stamp in that both the 1 3/8 punch and the 1 1/4 punch are too big to punch it out. I can't stand all the extra white space left after using the 1 1/4 punch to punch it out. SU needs to come out with a 1 inch punch, don't you think? I then mounted the sentiment on top of one of the scallops from my Cuttlebug scallop die. And finally, I mounted the whole thing once again on a circle made with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. I just love how Mr. Birdy turned out! He makes me happy!

I've got a busy day planned today, so I don't think I'll be in the stamp room (insert sad face). Maybe tonight when all the boys head to church. Can't forget to keep packing for my trip this weekend!!!!! Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I love Mr. Birdman! Those background birds are neat...they almost look textured. What a fun card today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bird...I so wish they had them here! What a bright fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:46 PM

    Oh....are you giving us the bird? LOL
    I love it! I love everything from Fancy Pants! Gorgeous, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin