Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Try Something New Tuesday Part 2


Here's the other card I promised you this morning! I was sitting last night trying to come up with a good Mother's Day card, not having any luck. I didn't have any good MD sentiments, so I decided I'd look up some good quotes online and print my own on the computer on acetate.


Well, I found a good quote and I got busy finding a nice font for it. I could get two of the quotes on one piece of acetate. I cut it out the same size as my background paper, 4x5.25.


Taking an idea directly from Bethany yesterday at It's Not All Black and White, I stamped my vine and flowers directly onto the front of the acetate. But then I flipped it over and colored the vine and flowers in using my SU markerson the back!!!! It took maybe a minute or two and then I was DONE! It was so simple it's ridiculous! When it was mostly dry, I flipped the acetate back over and adhered the designer paper and acetate together using brads in the corner.


And that's it! That's my cool idea (ok, it was really Bethany that inspired me)! I absolutely LOVE this card and can see myself making lots more.


Thanks Bethany!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the color on the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...this card is awesome! I love the idea of printing on acetate...stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...I think this card came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a sheet of acetate that I think I just might pull out this morning! I think a lot of people forget about using their printer for things like that! Thanks for reminding us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so beautiful. I love it!!! The artwork on the acetate is gorgeous!! Another great piece of card art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Oh....that's freaking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:41 AM

    The card looks lovely...great work..thanks for sharing this with us...and well i'd also like you to visit my blog on Mother's Day Cards sometime and check out all the amazing stuff i've posted there..and while you're at it do share your thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin