Thursday, April 19, 2007

Love Hath Endured

It was 21 years ago today that my hubby and I exchanged our wedding vows! We were just 22 and 23 years old (I turned 23 the next month), so we were just babies. It sure seemed like we were mature and had our ducks in a row!

I must admit, I can't believe I how blessed I have been to have this man in my life. I can honestly say, he is one of the best men out there! I can't believe I snagged him all those years ago!

He loves me unconditionally, through my good times and my bad. He loves me through my thick times and my thin times (literally!). He loves me 100%, no matter what. How did I get so lucky? I mean, seriously. This man is 100% committed to me, and our family. I love you, honey!!! Happy Anniversary!

In honor of our anniversary, I thought I'd share the card I made for this wonderful guy. I used yesterday's sketch challenge for the layout, which I really liked alot!

I started with a piece of brown metallic cardstock for the base card. Then I used three different pieces of Basic Grey/Stella Ruby paper and laid them equally across the front of the card vertically. For the main image, I took a piece of Very Vanilla and stamped it with the Linen background in a taupe ink. Then I stamped flowers from In Full Bloom all over the paper. The vines are from Doodle This. Everything is painted with my aquapainter and SU inks.

I wanted to personalize the card, so I once again, printed a sentiment on acetate and then placed it directly over the stamped image. They are adhered together with a copper brad in each corner. The sentiment says "Happy Anniversary, Honey! Life is a journey and LOVE is what makes that journy worthwhile, Unknown". Awwww, isn't that a perfect sentiment for an anniversary card? I gave him the card this morning, but I quickly told him he needed to keep it home so I could take a picture of it for my blog!!! He kindly left it here!

Well, I've got to sign off for now. A big freelance project came down yesterday, so it's time to get busy on that. I'll be working on it ALL day today and tomorrow. I'm hoping I can sneak in a card or two to de-stress sometime during the day.

Thanks for sharing this special day with me!

28 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:44 AM

    This is my first time to visit your blog and boy am I impressed! I absolutely LOVE the Anniversary card you made for your husband. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your work.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Anniversary. I love your blog. Enjoy your day. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary, Amy! And I love the card you made - as usual! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING!!! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Amy -- happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!! 21 years! Great card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary- unconditional love is the best kind! Love the card you made too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary...you card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:35 AM

    Happy Anniversary. Love the card. I too am blessed with a great husband who loves me unconditionally. He has made my life fun. We just celebrated 32 years that have just flown by. We just celebrated the birth of our first grandchild. Isn't life great! We are blessed!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Amy! Hope you have a fabulous day!

    And awesome job on the card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Happy Happy Anniversay. Today is my anniversary also. April 19, 1997, it seems like yesterday. It's been 10 years since me and my dh have exchanged vows also. Wow, we have the same date, and my birthday is the 29th...I was alittle older when we exchanged vow...29 going on 30.

    I love your blog and cards they are beautiful and such an inspiration for me.

    Have a wonderful day...

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely sweet post! Congratulations! See, I KNEW you had to have started early to have kids as old as yours! :) You look so young!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary, Amy!! Once again... what a stunning card. I love your work. It is really beautiful. Thank you for sharing it, I'll bet he really loves it, too. Oh, I guess I just have to say, I don't think your handsome hubby is the only lucky one in your marriage. … :-)

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim
    Happy Anniversary! We are celebrating 25 next week! Where does the time go. I am more in love now than ever. It goes to show that marriage does and can work. You go girl. I love your card.
    Lesa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops, I meant Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Amy! Have a very Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary, Amy! You've got a few years on me, but I can't wait to be married that long. Hope you have fun celebrating together with your family:)

    ~Amy H.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous5:49 PM

    congrats on your anniversary!!!

    and thanks for mentioning my blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Happy Anniversary! And love your card and saying on the card. I'm so excited to find a blogger my age with a long and happy marraige. I'm 15 years strong and I love hearing about other strong marraiges. Keep posting, I love following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats on 21 years. gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary!! This card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found your blog through Gail. All I can say is WOW! Your cards are all gorgeous. I'm glad that I found your blog. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Anniversary! LOVE the card. Great idea to add the sentiment right over the top with acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary to both of you. The wonderful thing about our Lord is that He places together whom He would have and 21 years ago He bound you together. The Lord bless you and keep you in His precious care as you celebrate together. As for your card - WOW. God has given you a wonderful gift and I'm glad He brought me here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Amy! I love what you have been doing with acetate! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous11:25 AM

    Your card is beautiful! Happy Late Anniversary!! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Anniversary!! May God grant you many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are truly blessed. It brings tears to my eyes to hear such touching words! This card is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin