Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday's Forgotten Stamps



Today I'm pushing the edge for Friday's featured Forgotten Stamp! I am running out of stamps to feature, so, I either need to 1. come up with a new Friday feature, or 2. head over to my friend Lue's house and raid her monstrous stash of older stamps! Since I haven't had time to do that this week, I went with a newer stamp that I haven't used much lately, Edgy Eloquence.


Love the stamp set, for some reason, I haven't reached for it much lately! But since this card is so edgy in and of itself, I thought it needed an edgier sentiment. This sentiment, "Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry with your girlfriends" is such a great one, isn't it? It is 100% true. I can't tell you how many times I've cried with my girlfriends!


I started out with a piece of Blush Blossom. I had recently purchased a Carl Cutter trimmer and a decorative blade to go with it, so I wanted to give it a try. I cut off a portion of the front of the card with the decorative blade. Unforunately, I did the same with the polka dot designer paper but the scallops on that didn't match up with the scallops cut on the card. Boo hoo. That's why the scallops together are so wonky. But, you live and learn. I'm still living, and I learned that day that I hate the Carl Cutter trimmer and most likely will never use it again! See, good things come from bad situations!


I found a piece of coordinating designer paper that matched the polka dots (they are not from the same manfacturer), so I cut a strip of it and placed it on the inside of the card so it was visible from the front of the card when it was closed. The image on the front are the flowers from Petal Prints and is one of my all time favorite stamp sets. I stamped it in both Pretty In Pink and Pumpkin Pie to coordinate with the pink in the designer paper. The orange ribbon tied around the main image finishes the piece off perfectly!


I love how this card turned out. Another one of those happy cards! Thanks to everyone who left anniversary wishes yesterday! When I wrote to my hubby that morning and gave him the link to the post, he called me and said "your not suppose to make me cry at work". He was so touched by what I wrote. I'm glad it made his day. He also said "I hope you get at least one comment from it", and I said, "oh, we'll get lots of well wishes, my readers are the bomb!" And I was right. You guys were so kind! We didn't end up doing anything last night to celebrate. I'm sure you know how it is, kids come first. He's the baseball coach this year, so he was off at practice while I stayed home and packed. That's ok. We went out with the boys for a fun dinner last weekend that we used as our celebration! I cannot believe we are on the road to our 25th though. I remember when we had my parent's silver wedding anniversary!!!! They just recently celebrated their 50th! This is a picture of them at their open house celebration last summer!
Aren't they amazing? Mom was wearing a lime green skirt, so they were matching that day!!! I hope hubby and I are that blessed. Speaking of Mom. She's got her stress test today. Hopefully all goes well and I can give you an update later this weekend!
Have a fabulous day! Hugs to you!

10 comments:

  1. I vote for keeping Friday's Forgotten Stamps! It's made me really look at the stamp I own and haven't used in a while.

    And awesome card! I think I'm going to have to pull out my decorative scissors and try and do a fancy edge on one of my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I definately thought you matched up the opposite scallops on purpose to get that cool oval trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pic of your parents...they look so young! Great job on the card...such fun, fresh colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the edges....and I thought you did it on purpose as well. It looks great, and I love your card!

    Your parents are beautiful too, and belated congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too thought the staggerd scalloped edge was the featured "look"! Looks great! Your parents looks adorable and I hope all goes well with your mom's test.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous. The colors that you used are very inspiring to me. I have this thing about using orange or Pumpkin pie. But now that I see the beautiful card you made I see these colors in a different light. Thank you for that.

    Wow! 50 years of wedded bliss for your parents. How blessed are they?

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ran across your blog because of the latest tag game! And, I am so very glad I did....LOVE your super fun colors!! They are bright and beautiful...as are your cards! I'll be back for more....love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness Amy! I absolutely LOVE this one! The orange is beautiful and the way you did the waves on the side is awesome (whether you meant to or not!)! It makes me want to go pull out my wavy edge scissors!

    Your parents looks so happy together! Such a wonderful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Love the colors you used!!! And I like the forgotten stamps feature, reminds me of some oldies but goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Oh Amy....I hope your Mom gets good news back from that test!!!

    Your card is soo fresh looking. Super fun! I love your orange card. And the double, off set scallops are perfect for this card. You always come up with amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin