Friday, April 20, 2007

Scrap Stash Saturday!


I am typing Saturday's post Friday night as in the morning I will be getting ready to fly to Fairfax, VA, right outside the Washington, DC! I am a little stressed right now, what with trying to get packed and all. That's always the most stressful part of any vacation, isn't it?


I put the card for Scrap Stash Saturday together a few weeks ago when I was just getting started on my sewing kick, so I don't have a picture for you of all the pieces before they were on the card. I didn't have time to make a new one before I left, so I thought this would work, as each piece came from the scrap stash!

Pink was the main color this week, so every scrap I chose had pink SOMEWHERE in it's pattern. I got lucky this time in that green was in almost all the scraps as well! I just cut and laid the pieces out on the top of the card until I found something I liked. Then I adhered each piece with just a touch of adhesive and then took it over to the sewing machine. I love the look of sewing on cards!

The pink designer papers screamed BABY card all the way. So I took out my Bundle of Joy SU set and stamped the teddy on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I masked him out and then stamped a "rug" for him to sit on with my AMuse oval stamp. Teddy is colored with my aqua painter and Pretty In Pink. I also used a little bit of Rose Red on Teddy too, for a bit deeper color. I have to say, I think the main image is a little blah, but I didn't have time to sit around trying to figure out what to add to him to make him a bit more exciting! So I added a few ribbon loops and called it a day! The sentiment is from Small Sayings. I love the sentiments from Small Sayings

Isn't it amazing what you can do with your scraps? I need to be making a few more cards each week with scraps because I'm telling ya, my scrap drawer is nearly over flowing. I could make about 200 cards with all the scraps I have, and I'm not kidding!

Well, it's time for me to head to bed ( remember, I'm typing this Friday night!). Next time I check in on Sunday, it will be from the east coast! Woo-hoo! I am so ready to get away. Mommy needs her batteries charged. I am looking forward to sleeping in (yeah, right--my body has had an internal body alarm for 530am for years now!), having a few cocktails, hot-tubbing, and SHOPPING!!!!!! I will definitely be writing each day, cuz I love you guys! Don't forget about me while I'm gone!

Amy

9 comments:

  1. Cute! I like how all of the polka dots work together and the stitching is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Amy! Love how everything worked together - love the sewing! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the colors and your sewing looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a terrific time away. I'm going to use some scraps today, too! I don't know if this is a challenge or not, but I'm doing it anyway. Obviously, I need to be pushed all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Your card is so sweet. What a great way to use up scraps. The sewing idea is neat. Have a great vacation!
    Speedy B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:04 PM

    Enjoy your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:25 PM

    What a great card......and to think, it was made with scraps!! Have a fun time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card id lovely. I love the teddy colored in pink. All of the scrap papers that you used to make your card look great together.

    Hope you have a wonderful trip.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin