Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Another New Banner, You Ask?

Do you like the new look??? I am so excited, I've got to tell you. I made my banner, from start to finish, ALL BY MYSELF!!!!! I can't believe I did it! I have to pinch myself. You know I'm not exactly tech savvy, so doing this is a big accomplishment for me!

Now, let me share with you WHY I changed again. To be honest, I just wasn't feeling my most recent blog design/colors. I've said many times on here that I'm not really a pastel-type person. I love bold, bright, exciting colors. And when I'm not feeling a color, it sort of brings me down. That's what the pastel combination did for me this time. It just didn't make me happy everytime I logged in to post.

So, when I saw Cindy Keery's new banner, I emailed her and asked her about the brushes she used to make all her swirls. She gave me the online store she bought them from, but when I looked there, I wasn't 100% inspired by anything I saw. So, I searched for some free photo editing brushes on the internet and came across TONS of them that I could download, free of charge! I downloaded a zillion brushes that I messed around with all afternoon in Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0. I'm inspired by bright colors, so I chose black (I know it's not bright, but it's a great compliment to brights), purple, pink and yellow! LOVE THESE COLORS!

After I downloaded all the brushes, I sat and messed around until I came up with something I loved. Looking at the banner makes me giddy with excitement!

Let me know what you think of the new look and if you think it should stay or go. I hope you all vote "stay", but if you hate it, I'll just have to change it up again. After all, you should have a say in things too!

Have a good night!

18 comments:

  1. Love the new banner!! I'm so impressed! Plus the new background is pretty cool to. Your sewing cards from the past couple of days have inspired me to take out my sewing machine again - I forgot how cool it looks! Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the banner, it looks awesome!! I love it that you change it up once in awhile, it keeps things fun & interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:28 AM

    I do love the new banner and the colours. One thing though, it's a little harder to read the posts, you know with my old eyes and all :) Love visiting your blog. You are such an inspiration! ~ Manna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Amy! I definitely think it should stay! I'm very impressed you made the banner all by yourself! I wouldn't even consider trying! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new banner - keep it, definitely! Do you still have the link where you found the brushes? I love to play with Photoshop and am always looking for new, free toys to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you new spring colors! Very invigoriating! (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:41 AM

    I liked the old one better but it's YOUR blog and should reflect YOU. I'll still be checking in daily! Thanks for all you pass along to help us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it Amy...looks super!!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Amy! Love the colors, very different! You might change the color of "visited link" colors - the white makes it so you can't read them. Great job, I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:58 AM

    love the banner - but colors within the blog are hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all! It's so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the banner! It looks fabulous. I do think the hot pink blog entry area is a little hard to read, especially where you tend to have a lot to say - and I couldn't go away without reading it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! And it's so easy to read with the contrast of the black against the bold color - you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The banner looks great! I love the bright colors! You're right, the black is a really nice accent. I think I'll be changing mine again soon, I like to spice things up every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the new look. I don't know if white type would make it read easier. Ilove the bright....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6:24 AM

    I love the colors. But like Manna hurts my eyes to read. Wont be reading much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6:25 AM

    bright. Hard to read it with old eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin