Wednesday, March 07, 2007

What Lies Before Us


Morning!
Today is a busy, busy day so I needed to get my post for the day done and and crossed off my list of things to do! A big freelance media project came crashing down on me late last night, so the rest of the week will nose-to-the-grindstone, big time! Probably no time for stamping, although I do have to get some card samples to the store I teach classes at, by Thursday. Ugh. What's a girl to do? Breath deep.
Here's a card that is a little off my normal path style path. Actually, I used to make cards like this alot about six months ago. I was on a CardsbyCarla (SCS) kick and wanted to be just like her!!!! For whatever reason, I returned to that style (sort of, Carla's the real pro at this style!) this past weekend for this card, which I really love. Again, I used scraps for this card! See how much you can do with scraps?
I started off with a piece of So Saffron cardstock. I stamped it with 2 backgrounds stamps, Print Pattern and French script. I used a ColorBox Fluid Chalk in in Yellow Ochre with both background stamps. Using a scrap piece of one of my all-time favorite Basic Grey papers (Aged & Confused Sublime Collection....could it be I like it because I'm aged & confused too?????), I laid a piece of the paper, about 2 inches wide x 5.5 inches long down the left side of the card. Over the top of that, I glued down a strip a brown piece of designer paper (it's a scrap so I don't remember who makes the pattern, sorry!), which I first tied a gold organza ribbon around. The sentiment, by Penny Black, was stamped on Very Vanilla first then was aged. It was missing something, so I took the fluer-de-lis stamp from Carte Postale and stamped it randomly over the sentiment, first stamping in ink , then stamping off before I finally stamped on the paper. Make sense? I used ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown for that step. I matted the sentiment with more So Saffron cardstock and then mounted the whole thing on the card with foam tape.
I hope you are all doing well! Comments have been down this week, so I'm either losing readership (NO!!!!!), or you are all really busy, busy, busy! I hope it's the latter! Have a great day. Boys are on a two hour late start today, so I'm going upstairs right now to have some breakfast with them. Yum!!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love Carla's cards too! She is a fabulous artist and you are right up there with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a pretty card - I want to touch it. Great colors. Your blog is great and although I don't comment all the time I do read every day! Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great layout. beautiful card! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning. Congrats on the freelance job. Remember to take some time for yourself this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy Maier2:38 PM

    We're still here - lurking in the background! : )
    I really Love this card. Such rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome...and I have some of this paper on hand...look out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beate7:07 PM

    Amy, that's one gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card!! Really love your blog Amy. I have that stamp too; love what you've done with it.

    Carla (cardsbycarla/SCS)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin