Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday's Forgotten Stamps




Morning!









Today is the day we concentrate on stamps that sit quietly unused on our shelves, just hoping we pick them up and show them some love sometime soon. I made two cards to show you today because one of them I like, and one of them I don't like! Everyone has a card or two that just doesn't do it for them, don't they? Here's the one I like....can you guess why? I think it's the color and the layout. It's not a SU stamp, but I used to use this stamp all the time, that's why I thought it qualified to be the Forgotten Stamp feature today! The bright, colorful paper is from Basic Grey. The layout is so simple you could easily finish this card in 10 minutes flat! Gotta love that!





The is the card I don't like. It just isn't cutting it with me today. I love, love, love the designer paper, but for some reason, combined with Cranberry Crisp in this layout just bores me. There is just something that doesn't sit right with me on this card.....I almost feel nauseous looking at it! Maybe it's the color combination. If it wasn't such a waste of paper, I'd toss it in the ol' dumpster! The stamp is from SU's Lovely As A Tree set, which I used lots and lots a while back. I think it's a great set for sympathy cards.



I really wanted to show you both cards so you know that even I have bad stamp days! It's more common that instead of finishing the card, I would have just stopped making it the minute I decided I hated it! But for you guys, I persevered. I'm sure we all have a card or two like this sitting on our desk uninspiring us. It happens, and it's ok. Thank heavens I only have to make one of these; I would have jumped out the window if I had to make another!! I deffinitly think it's the color that bothers me. I am by nature a lover of all things bright and cheerful.


Editor's Note: You ladies are so adorable! So many kind comments and suggestions regarding the card below that I don't like. I took your suggestions to heart and made some revisions to the card! Let me know what you think. I think appropriate lighting of the card helped immensly!


Here's a follow up on the snow situation: we totally got dumped on. I don't even know the total inches yet, but you can be sure it's alot! The boys lucked out when school was cancelled this morning! Yea--a snow day for the boys!!! They are pumped! I am going to try and kick them outdoors today to play in the snow later on so I can take some pics. Keep in mind, my boys are 15 and 12. It's not very easy convincing a 15 year old to go "play in the snow"!



And one last note....what's up with Antonella and Sanjya still being on American Idol????????? Puuu-leez! They both deserved the boot LAST week! Last night, even Sanjya was shocked he wasn't kicked off. And let's dish about Kelly Pickler's appearance last night on the show.....how many of you think she had a boob job???? HELLLOOOO!!!!!! She was falling out of her dress right there for all of America to see! And the poor thing has gained a little weight. Like I should talk. I think it just makes me feel a little better knowing that cute little things like her gain weight too! My favorites so far......Blake and LaKisha! Love, love, love LaKisha. And Melinda rocks too, although I have a problem with her being on the show. In my opinion, she is a pro....she makes a living out of singing.....I don't think they should allow people like that on the show. That being said, I think she's GREAT and love listening to her sing! She's so humble too....love that!

11 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I really like the first card...the second...maybe seems a bit washed out??? But that is probably the lighting or something. I have days when I hate what I create. I do like the way you put the sentiment over the tree...why can't I ever think of those kinds of things???

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the second card but there is something missing or off balance with it. Maybe you could add a charm or ribbon to the corner of the tree rectangle or send it to me. I would give it a good home (wink).

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I love the bright card - very fun colours! The second one is also nice though & I think you are being too hard on yourself! But... what if you added a burgundy ribbon horizontally across the middle & tied a knot in the blue section (on the "heavier" side)? The tree with the verse looks good & I do like the colours together?!?

    Now for American Idol... those two should totally be gone & yes, we too were howling with the boob job! (but she spent her money on new shoes!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that flower stamp in the first card and i like the second card but it does seem to be missing something. maybe some ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AFTER: those embellishments totally work! That side had more going on it to start with but the space kinda needed filling! Perfect solution! I checked back later on because I had a "feeling" you might repost an altered card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely got POP now. It's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoroughly enjoy your blog and love seeing your creations! You totally saved the second card ~ it's awesome now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the tweaking you did on that second card! Much improved! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are beautiful! I love how the sentiment lines up perfectly with the tree! I also agree about American Idol! And when Kelly Pickler came out, I just felt embarrassed for her! She is a pretty girl, she doesn't need to dress like that. And did you hear Ryan ask her if she had 'bought' anything lately? Everyone knew what he meant.....but her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:09 AM

    I never would have thought to use the tree from the Lovely as a Tree with those colors and patterns, but the cards are beautiful! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a lovely card, great colours and a brilliant Rom 8:29 stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin