Thursday, March 01, 2007

Enabler Alert!

Let me apologize in advance, everyone! I'm so sorry my blog has been such an enabler lately--first, I enabled all of you to go buy the Hero Arts flower stamp, now I've got some new Stampendous stamps I'm ga-ga over! Here's one of them....an Easter cross!

I found this stamp at Archiver's yesterday, and I was so happy to have found it because I was looking for a religious stamp for a long time. There wasn't much out there that I liked until THIS caught my eye! The designer paper I chose is by a company called NRN Designs, this isn't Easter paper per se, but I thought the colors would work perfectly on any Easter card I made. I started by stamping the cross on Whisper White cardstock in Certainly Celery ink. I wanted something other than just the cross on the paper, so I stamped a few flowers from the SU In Full Bloom set around the outer edge of the paper. I watercolored the flowers and leaves with my aqua painter, and then mounted the piece on So Saffron. Don't the flowers on the cross image look just like the flowers on the paper? I really love how this turned out!
Paper: Perfectly Pink, So Saffron, Whisper White, NRN Designs
Ink: Certainly Celery, Perfectly Pink, Rose Red, Acessories: Ribbon from Michaels.


For this card, I stamped the cross image on Whisper White cardstock again. Then I mounted it on a piece of Certainly Celery and then cut out the cross with my tiny scallop scissors. I have to be honest with you, if you look REAL close at the card, I did a lousy job of cutting out the cross! It was really hard to use those scallop scissors on such a small piece that had so many turns. It doesn't look TOO bad IRL, but I could have done a little better. You can see I used the same NRN Designs paper for the bottom half of the card, and I used some Anna Griffen green polka dot paper on the top of the card. I defined both papers with a strip of So Saffron cardstock. The cross is adhered to the front of the card with foam tape.
Paper: Old Olive, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Perfectly Pink
Well, we are in the midst of a 3 day snowstorm right now. It was suppose to start last night, but we only got an inch or so of snow. The boys were so excited thinking they were going to have a snow day today, but alas, they did not! Neither one could believe it when I woke them up this morning. I mean come on, this is MN, they very RARELY call a snow day. It has to be pretty bad in order to do that. But we've got the resources to keep the roads in driveable conditions, so it was off to school they went today. I am not a big fan of snow, but I've got to say, I am in heaven sitting down in my office/studio right now watching the snow gently drift down from the sky! I have plans to make some homemade chicken soup shortly, and then this afternoon, I want to have fresh, hot, chocolate chip cookies for the boys when they get home from school. The worst of the storm is suppose to be this afternoon and tonight, so there is a slight chance the boys will get out of school early, and then have a snow day TOMORROW. I make a to DIE FOR chicken noodle soup, so I can't wait until dinnertime! Would anyone like me to post my chicken noodle soup recipe? What about my CC cookie recipe? (edited to note that I put my chicken soup recipe on the right side of my blog, you can't miss it!) Let me tell you, these cookies are amazing...the recipe comes from Martha Stewart. There are only four sticks of butter in the recipe, so there aren't too many calories in them.....hee-hee!

9 comments:

  1. Love the cross! Great cards too! You came to my rescue yesterday when I was in a layout jam and thankfully could use your Sunday's sketch to my rescue! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such beautiful cards!!! I love them and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS really nice blog candy...thanks for telling us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. please ignore my orig. comment if it was about blog candy...my computer went funny and switched blogs I was reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see both recipes!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Amy, love the colors and the designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your cards! I don't mind being "enabled"- I was one of those that had to run out and get the HA flower stamp after seeing your beautiful cards. And that chicken soup recipe sounds YUMMY! What are you waiting for? Post that cookie recipe!!! ;0)
    Anette (aka: snowmom13)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I didn't post my comment several times again. Somehow I am having problems posting. Whenever I try to post a comment on blogs it keeps telling me the password doesn't match, but then when I go back and check the comments left I end up having posted multiple times. So, if this happened again , I apologize and just ignore all but one post!
    Anette

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stamps is lovely, its hard to find easter stamps that are not cutsie and sentimental but Biblical. Lovely cards too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin