Saturday, February 03, 2007

Welcome to Super Sketch Saturday!

Another new feature I'll be showcasing WEEKLY here at Heartfelt Greetings is Super Sketch Saturday! On Super Sketch Saturdays, I'll feature a custom designed card sketch for you to try at home! The reason I wanted to try something like this is twofold: #1)I want to make Heartfelt Greetings a place where you can come to regularly for useful and helpful stamping ideas, and #2) One of my goals this year is to grow as a designer in areas I've not ventured in before. I like the idea of having my own "sketchbook" where I can methodically sketch out my card designs rather than sitting down and hoping an idea magically pops into my head just as I'm starting to stamp. JulieHRR (Paper Trufflez), did a sketch challenge a few months ago, and I thought it was such a great idea I decided to make it a feature here at Heartfelt Greetings. I hope you like the idea and will use it as a resource for your card making! If you do decide to make a card using my sketch, please share them with me! I'd love to see them.

Without further ado....here is Super Sketch #1...
and here is the card I made using the sketch. It's really a simple design that anyone can make!
If you have any questions, please drop me a comment here, or click on the email link right below my picture and contact me that way. Feel free to make the sketch your own, it's the general layout you want to follow, not necessarily all the details! Good luck!

Happy Stamping,
Amy

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    What a fun sketch! If I get the time to stamp, I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Love this idea. I am starting a sketch book just to put these kind of ideas! Thanks for sharing! Love the pattern paper you used! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:21 PM

    This is a great one! I love punching out those Cuttlebug pieces, too - it adds so much to the card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I like this (I am having bug envy!). Maybe if I have time to play (we seem to keep getting visitors!), I will try this one out. Thanks for the challenge (nice new header too!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new weekly feature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy,
    Love your blog, and I just linked you to mine. Thanks for the permission! (I looked at your entry on blog etiquitte!)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:43 AM

    another great idea!Thanks, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I love the paisley paper!! It's such a great idea to keep a sketch book... I really should, but I'd be embarrassed to even look at my sketches, my drawing abilities are nil!! Maybe I'll start a digital one??

    Thanks for the inspiraton!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy,
    This is a great sketch! I love the paper too. Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this sketch! I need to carve out some time to stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:09 PM

    Very cute, great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, I just love this card (and the sketch!). What patterned paper did you use? I think I might NEED some! grin

    Susan
    moot96@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's mine: http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/02/sketch-inspired-again.html. Thanks...it's a fun one (esp. for smaller stamp creations!).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin