Friday, February 02, 2007

New Friday Feature


I'm back! Feeling a little better, but still fighting a cold/sore throat. The good news is I picked up some stamps today! That feels so good.

Well, as my title says today, I'm launching a new Friday Feature called Friday's Forgotten Stamps. This is the day I'll post a card using a stamp set that I've left on the shelf unused far too long--I know you know exactly what I'm talking about, and I know many of you have some of these same "unloved" stamps sets sitting on your shelves too! I thought this would be a great way to bring some new life to stamps that have been relegated to the back of the pile because we keep getting newer and more exciting stamps. If you'd like to see me bring new life to a stamp set that you haven't used for a while, please leave a comment letting me know which one it is, and if I have it, or if my friend Lue has it, I'll feature it on Friday's Forgotten Stamps!

Today's card is featuring a stamp set that I never use anymore, but one which holds a special place in my heart because it was the very first SU stamp set I ever bought! I haven't used this set is so long I thought it would be the perfect one to launch my new feature!

I started out using Close to Cocoa as my base cardstock. The main background designer paper is by Signature Suite, but I also used a small strip of animal print paper by Karen Foster as well. I took a small piece of Very Vanilla and stamped the All Natural flower and leaves all over; leaves are stamped in Old Olive, flower is stamped in More Mustard. Paper is distressed with Tea Stain Dye, rubbed on in circles. I stamped the flower again and then painted it with my aqua pen and More Mustard. I cut it out and mounted it on top of one of the flowers stamped on the Very Vanilla piece. To bring the All Natural stamp set into "modern day", I used one of the sentiments from the new Small Sayings set, which is found in the Winter mini. Three brushed copper brads underneath the main stamped image complete the card.

What do you think? It was fun to challenge myself to use one of my older stamps! I hope this might have challenged you too!

Still working on more weekly features, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:53 PM

    Amy,
    What a great idea!it just might want me to keep these old ones and not pass them on.
    Seeds of kindess stamping set from SU. I got it a few years ago and have only used it twice and that was a few years ago!i hope that you will be feeling better soon. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can even create a card when you're feeling sick. I love all your creations. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful card!
    Hope you feel 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved this set. Great choice in patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is awesome! I love your conversational tone! I'll be visiting daily! I've been neglecting All Natural too. Watercolor Garden and Watercolor Minis are a couple of my neglected sets, but I have SO many because I'm always using the newest sets I have!

    Susan
    moot96@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin