Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sore Throat Means No Cards Today

Yep, I'm sick. And I've got zilcho energy to stamp, which bums me out. I had big plans to get some stamping done today {insert sad face}.....I don't like being sick. I've got a horrible sore throat, so I am figuring I have a sinus infection going on and all the post nasal drip is doing a number on my throat. And my ears are feeling funny to, another sinus indication. I just stopped and picked up some antibiotics....over the winter months I do a week long preventative antibiotic course each month to boost my immune system so it's better able to fight off all the yucky's that go around each season. I've been doing this for a few years because I'm very prone to strep pnuemonia, which, if you know anything about bacterial pnuemonia, know that it's NOT a good thing. In '96, I contracted a bacterial pnuemonia that put me in the hospital for 6 days and very nearly in the ICU. Many people die from it. Anyways, I kind of made this a longer story than it should have been. It just explains why when I'm feeling sick I can call and get my antibiotic prescription filled and get started on it BEFORE anything serious can happen. I'm hoping I'll be feeling better by tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll share a project with you that I did in PSE 5.0 this morning (before the sore throat really kicked in).
I just upgraded from 3.0 last night. I'm not real proficient in the Editor program right now, but it's one of my goals for 2007 to become much more adept at editing photos in this program. This a before and after picture of a shot I took of my younger son yesterday....as you can see, he's just starting to break out alot. I played with the spot healing brush in the Editor program, and look how handsome he is without all the zits screaming out (well, you know what I mean, he's ALWAYS handsome, but those dang zits just seem to wreck photos sometimes)! It's so fun to be able to fix otherwise perfect pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin