Thursday, February 15, 2007

Does my CASE do HER card justice????

Good morning! It's a beautiful sunny day this morning in MN! Sunshine in cold weather has a way of making you forget about the cold--conversely, when it's cloudy, everything is dingy and depressing! The forcast is calling for more cold weather for the next few days, but next week, we could be pushing a heatwave in the 30's and 40's! Woo-hoo!


I'd thought I'd share a few cards with you that I made yesterday, one of them is my cased version of TwisedChick's (Michelle) original card here. She says I was her inpiration for her card (she was inspired to use her Basic Grey scraps like I did a few days ago). Let me just say, her card was AMAZING. MY version of HER card is quite a stretch (ok, it's a big stretch since I only used 2 flowers and she used a zillion:))....but I'll share it with you anyways. She really is the most amazing talent that I hope I did her card justice. I don't often do 3 dimensional cards, since they are so much work! But, this one wasn't so bad, there are only 2 flowers on the front with a few leaves, so I made it simple enough for me! I used some old Basic Grey paper to make the flowers. I first stamped the flower on the designer paper and then cut them out. To make the leaves, I simply stamped the flower again on a piece of green Basic Grey paper and then cut the flower up in sections of 2. It looks just like a leaf when you do that, doesn't it? That's a useful tip for you! To add a little bling (sparkle), I added just a touch of Star Dust Stickles to the petals and flower center. I haven't used Stickles in such a long time. On a scallop cirle, I stamped a few more partial flowers in Rose Red and black, and then punched some slots using my horizontal slot punch from SU. I threaded my green polka dot organza ribbon through the slots and tied a bow just to the left of the scallop. The scallop is attached to the front of the card with foam tape to make it pop!


The second card I made last night challenged me to use my Cuttlebug again.
The poor thing hasn't been getting much love lately! The Textile embossing folder has to be my all-time favorite folder. It reminds me of the tin ceiling tiles found in older homes......don'tcha think? It's so elegant. For this card, I used my Creative Memories cutting system to cut out the oval from the center of a piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock. I then sent the piece through the Cuttlebug. When that was finished, I placed the oval frame on the front of a folded piece of Very Vanilla cardstock (it was my base card), and then I rubbed Distress Ink in Tea Stain inside the oval. For more dimension, I added a little bit of Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, which is darker than the Tea Stain. Once I got the shading how I wanted it, I stamped the The Art of Life flower three times in the center of the oval, using Olive Green, Elegant Eggplant and Bravo Burgandy. The sentiment, from Smally Sayings, was positioned right near the base leaves and stamped in Elegant Eggplant. When the main image was stamped, I put foam tape all over the back of the embossed frame and then positioned it on the front of the card. An organza ribbon was the finishing touch after I distressed all the edges of the Very Vanilla cardstock. Something a little different for me, I'd say! But I love how it turned out, so I think I'll make some more this afternoon. I think these will sell very well!

7 comments:

  1. Wow - both of these are beautiful! I adore your CASED card...and hers is wonderful too. (Thanks for the link to her blog...it is GREAT!) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:06 PM

    Absolutely stunning cards! I like all the details of each one. I've been using my Cuttlebug embossing folders like a mad-crazy woman! It's my favorite technique lately - so quick and easy!
    Thanks for sharing all your wonderful work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great but I love the second one...I think its the color palette - these are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow both you and Michelle inspire be beyond belief!!! I read both your blogs every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the cased card - we should just go back and forth casing and changing the design a little bit!! I REALLY love the cutttlebugged card too - the textile background is fantastic! Ijust love looking at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! Now THAT's a GORGEOUS CARD!! What a terrific version of a case :0) You're obviously very talented. I just LOVE my new cuttlebug!! Great cb card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:32 PM

    Thanks for reminding me to use my cutting systgem from Creative Memories! Your card is gorgeous!

    Doris Smith
    www.stampingtower.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin