Friday, February 16, 2007

Do you remember these long lost stamps?

What about these stamps? Do you remember them? Have you used them recently? I picked these two stamp sets from Lue's collection today--Watercolor Garden and Sweet Treats. I used to use Watercolor Garden all the time, in fact, I would always borrow Lue's because I didn't have hardly any stamps! It was fun today to bring these back to life, using new papers.
For Sweet Treats, I used a piece of my beloved Basic Grey Phoebe paper, isn't it happy and fun? I stamped the cake in Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink (Chestnut Roan, my absolute fav), and then watercolored it with Pixie Pink, Certainly Celery, Chestnut Roan, and Tempting Turquoise, and Sunshine Yellow. When that had dried, I added some bling (!) with Stickles. I then decided to cut the cake out so I could get it to jump off the paper! I placed it on a scallop circle cut out of Cool Caribbean and stamped with Print Pattern. The scallop circle was placed on a piece of Passion Pink that was stamped with the Canvas BG. A big fat piece of brown polka dot organza ribbon completes the birthday card (I stamped a sentiment just below the birthday cake, but it turned out so light you can hardly see it)!

The second card,
created from the Watercolor Garden set, was so fun to make, and it looks so pretty IRL. The main cardstock is More Mustard. The embossed paper is Perfect Plum sent through the Cuttlebug in the Textile embossing folder. The flowers are stamped with Perfect Plum, Bordering Blue (I think), Old Olive and So Saffron. It is mounted on Elegant Eggplant and mounted on the embossed paper with foam tape. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of So Saffron paper and punched out with the scallop circle punch. The edges are distressed with Elegant Eggplant ink. Ribbon is SU off-white organza.

The colors of the cards might be a little off, that's why I gave you so much detailed info. I need to work on getting enough light on my subjects.

Well, that's it. Thanks to all of you who visit me religiously! You make my day everytime you leave a message!

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today, but it's already one of my favorites. Thanks for posting all of your fabulous cards and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog today, too! I love your cards & am excited to see you're a fellow BSF'er. I am a Leader & this is my 2nd time through Romans. Isn't it amazing how you learn new things every time you study God's Word? I could swear I'd never studied it before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love the BG Phoebe paper... can't wait until my order comes in!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin