Monday, January 15, 2007

The invention of the Cuttlebug has made card making so easy! Usually, I agonize over BG stamps; which shall I use?, will it get inked up adequately?, etc. But with the CB, those days of questioning are over. Every time I put my paper through the CB, I get something perfect in return, EVERY time! Even thought my card plate broke (see earlier post), I still love it. Unfortunatley, when I went to Joann's the other day to buy replacement plates, they didn't have any. Their Cuttlebug display was nearly empty of any products. What was there, I already had. I didn't have enough time to go to Michael's, so I am hoping to get that on the agenda for today.

We got snow last night!!!!! Let me remind you that I live in MN, and we've had snow in this area only once before so far this season, and that was on New Years Eve. And what little we got then didn't stick around very long. It's been a very wierd winter, it seems like everyone else BUT the snow states are getting snow! I can't wait to get outside today with my new camera and take some pictures. I'll post them here if I get any good ones. I am so excited we have snow on the ground. MN is so much prettier with snow on the ground in the winter!

Here is a card I made using only the CB and paper....nary a stamp was in sight on the making of this one.
It was really easy to put together...for the background I used the Bloom Dots embossing folder. The sentiment is also a CB embossing folder. The designer paper was a scrap I had in my overflowing scrap box. Cardstock used: Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, and Mellow Moss. Does anyone else think the Bloom Dots folder would be perfect to use with the SU! Little Pieces stamp set?

The boys are home from school today (holiday, Martin Luther King Day), so it will be fun spending time with them. I'll have to force them to go outside (they're not so into playing in the snow at their ages anymore, darn) for awhile. They can shovel the driveway, that will keep them busy! That will make for some good camera shots too! My mom is having surgery this afternoon. She had a double knee replacement a few years ago, and one of the knees has been giving her much trouble. She can hardly bend the leg. So, they'll go in and clean out the knee arthoscopically, and then they manually manipulate the leg to bend it to where it should be able to bend. It is this process that they often break the leg. I am praying that doesn't happen to Mom. It's her birthday too, so it would be the best present in the world if the leg doesn't break today. I hope the roads are in better shape this afternoon when I leave for the hospital!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous card! I can't wait to get my bloom dots folder! I didn't even know CB had that sentiment... I wonder how i missed it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin