Saturday, January 13, 2007

Insert {very sad face}

I'm crushed. It finally happened. I'm so sad.

Brace yourself for some bad news.

One of my Cuttlebug "B" plates snapped in half. Isn't that SO sad?

I was trying to send a piece of chipboard through it with the base plate, and 2 B plates when I heard this horrible snap.
The darn thing broke in two. I've used this baby daily since before Christmas, with nothing more than cardstock. It was scratched up and bowed from so much use. I guess I'm not surprised it happened, but I'm wondering why everyone else can use theirs to cut chipboard, but I can't. Maybe it was already compromised from so much use the chipboard was too much for the poor thing. I'm glad the replacement plates are so cheap. Looks like I'll be stopping by Joann's today to buy some.

On a separate note, those of you who stopped by here last night read that I was having trouble coming up with a card idea for my Mom's birthday. After about 2 hours struggling with it, this is what I came up with.
I made the card 5x7, which I haven't done before. Maybe it was too much space for me to fill up and that's why I had trouble. I think it turned out pretty good. I used a miriad of different patterned paper, which I love to do. One is a Basic Grey, one is Wild Asparagus, and I'm not sure what the other one was. The "M" is actually covered in designer paper too, but I don't know where that's from either. I hope she likes it.

I was intending to go shopping for a present for Mom yesterday, but while I was picking my youngest up from school the brakes started making this horrible grinding sound, and I quickly drove home. Hubby brought it into the shop this morning (thank heavens they could get us in) to get the brakes replaced. I cringe thinking how much the repair is going to cost. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pick up a present for Mom, I'll just have to do that another day. I hope she understands! We are going out to lunch today to PF Chang's. For those of you that have never eaten at a PF Chang's, you don't know what you are missing. It's a chinese bistro that serves amazing Chinese food. It's one of my favorite places to eat! I am looking forward to spending some time quality time with Mom. My SIL is joining us as well because her birthday is today! Happy Birthday Diane!

2 comments:

  1. I read on the provocraft blog that if your plates break in half you can phone the 1-800 number and they will replace it for you!!

    Beautiful card you made for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:22 PM

    I was just reading some of your older posts since I just found your blog. When I came across this entry about your CB plates breaking I thought I'd reply. This happened to me (cutting Sizzix and chipboard on my bug). I contacted Provocraft and told them my plates broke and they sent out new ones without question. The original plates have some defect, I havent had any trouble with the new ones. Either they are thinner, or seem to be reinforced in the middle with a stronger material. Good luck. Adelle/mnhyrkas

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin