Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Simple Layouts...ROCK!

Here's another card I whipped together this past weekend, and let me tell you, the layout couldn't be simpler! I love simple! Yet, because of the papers I chose to use, it's elegant at the same time. I think I'll use this layout again today on some cards, that is if I can lift my arms enough to glue the layers together.

Why? Because my body is SO sore from golfing yesterday! 18 holes of golf in 90 degree weather is a bit much for this old body...I'm going to have to take it easy today and nurse myself back to good health! It shouldn't be too much stress to stamp though:).....do ya think?

The brown and cream paper that I used as the background on today's card is from my new favorite paper manufacturer, Webster's Pages! I really distressed up the edges of the paper with Ranger Inks (in Walnut Stain) to bring some shabbyness to to it. I honestly can't remember who makes the pink paper I used for the center panel though...I'm thinking it's from Cosmo Cricket or Crate. Does anyone recognize it? If you do, drop me a line. I matted the pink paper panel with a brown metallic cardstock that brings some fun shimmer to the front of the card.

The sentiment was stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and then I distressed it with the Ranger ink again and then matted it on the brown metallic cardstock. It's cut out using my tiny scalloped scissors, which I love so much! If you can find some of these babies, grab them! You won't be sorry! The scallop is so dainty, and it's so easy to manuever these scissors around small curves.

Well, Mama Bear's cubs are all back to the den finally! That's right, all my kiddies are back home under my watchful eye again. As fine as I am when they are gone for awhile, I think there's still an underlying tension inside me when they're not here. I know that because that feeling is suspiciously gone this morning, and I can only attribute it to the fact that they are both sleeping soundly upstairs in their rooms again. Youngest Son got home safe and soundly last night from camp. He says he had a great time, but it was still really "boring" for him. Whatever. I don't know about your kids, but mine have NEVER made good transitions from being away to being back home again. They have never been the type to get back into the groove quickly. They always seem to be so crabby when they return. Does that happen to anyone else's kids, or are mine some sort of strange cargo? LOL.

We got a call from my hubby's best friend (his daughter was gone with my son at the same camp) last night after we got home from picking up our son. He asked us if we had heard about THE camp romance of the week yet. Of course, we had not, because apparently, it involved OUR SON. Do you really think our son would tell us he was involved in THE camp romance of the week at camp? At age 13? Highly, highly super unlikely. We still haven't approached him about this little tidbit of information yet, but perhaps I'll ask him about it today. My guess is he'll say nothing, like he always does. I'll probably just have to wait and get the juicy details from our friend's daughter instead!!!! My son. The ladies man. Ugh.

A few people have been asking lately asking what's happened to my special features of the week I used to post. Some of you want to know if they're coming back. I wanted to take a minute to tell you that YES!, the special features will be coming back in Sept, once the boys go back to school! I just needed to take some time "off" this summer from the features, because believe it or not, it's alot of work to do those features. I'm hoping to come up with some new features too, so stay tuned!

Well, I hear the patter of little feet upstairs. It can only be one person. My youngest son. It's 7am on the dot, and like clockwork, he's up ready to face the day. I tell him he can't come out of his room during the summer until at least 7am, so, true to form, here he is. I can honestly say I didn't miss the patter of his little feet at 7a while he was gone....!

Hugs,
Amy

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card! Love seeing what you come up with every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Amy, this is a nice, simple LO that has a lot of punch to it.
    Glad your kiddos are all home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple cards and yours rocks because the designer paper is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny! After seeing that picture of your family, I can see why he was involved in the romance...he is quite the handsome lad!

    I know what you mean about being sore from golf. I took it up shortly before my fall and I am finally getting back into it. I went out on Sunday and actually got on the course (for only the second time ever). I can only do nine holes before I get too sore to continue (I still have the boot on...) and my score is HORRIBLE, but I can see that it might become addictive.

    Your card is gorgeous...I never have any luck with fancy scissors...they bend the paper or tear it all up...what brand do you have??? It sounds like it works great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Amy, the pink paper is the Bohemia pink/brown damask line by My Mind's Eye. I like the simple elegance of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple & elegant is one of my very faves! I love your card! Truly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is great! love the simplicity of it, and yet with the patterned paper it looks very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Ooo, that is some yummy paper. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning card, Amy! Three cheers for Webster's Pages!! :)
    The pink paper is Bohemia, My Mind's Eye. Gotta love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:27 PM

    Amy this is absolutely beautiful! I love simple layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin