Monday, July 30, 2007

Beautiful Life

I love this sentiment from SU's new set called Beautiful Life. Not only is the font fabulous & hip, the expression reminds me of the TWO choices I am given each morning I wake and realize I have been blessed with another day to live. I can choose to live today focusing on all the good and wonderful things in my life, OR, I can choose to focus today on the things in my life that might not be so good right now. It's easy to dwell on the latter, we all know that. But it's draining.

It takes energy and determination to live focusing on the here and now instead of letting the "what ifs" of our lives consume us. Honestly, I have a boatload of "what ifs" consuming me right now...what if Muriel dies....what if my husband loses his job....I'm sure you could rattle off a list of your own if I asked you to. But in reality, focusing on the negative affects our whole lives and those around us. Instead, let's make a concerted effort today to focus on the good things in our lives....we have not been promised tomorrow, so let's live today like it might be our last.

I love Scenic Route papers. More specifically, the Laurel collection. I can't get enough of these papers!!!! I keep and use up EVERY LAST INCH of them! The paper I used for this card is from the Laurel line and its called Crosstide Lane (whatever that means). The paper has all my favorite colors! It's color overload for me on this one...but I'm not complaining. I just added a little black in the form of a chipboard flower, and the whole thing comes into balance. That's what black does. It grounds everything. In interior design, every room should have some black in it to ground it. Did you know that? And nothing looks better with bright, bold colors than black!

I managed to FINALLY get a boatload of stamping done this weekend. I really wasn't all that interested in participating in the SCS Dare to get Dirty weekend extravaganza. Anyone else like me? I actually think I was probably one of the only ones who DIDN'T participate! LOL. I don't know why I wasn't into it. I'm a DD fan clubber and everything, but I just wasn't interested. Strange. Instead, I just stamped to my hearts content doing my own designs and challenges! It felt so good! I'll have a whole bunch of fun cards to share with you this week, so be sure and come back every day!

Guess what movie I saw this weekend? Hairspray! LOVED IT!!!!!!!! I went with my FIL and SIL (hubby was still stranded in Philly by the time we went). Besides the great music (it rocked), there was a fabulous storyline to the movie as well, which you might not know. It's about segregation back in the 60s. I would see it again and again if I was made of money:)!!!! I plan on downloading a few of the real catchy tunes from Itunes later today if I have time. My son had a BLAST at the ZZ Top concert Saturday night. His favorite band of the evening was Stray Cats. Their seats were amazing, except they kept getting harrassed by drunk adults who were bugging them about liking "their" music....jeepers....these adults should be thankful these young teens love the great 80's bands and not the hip-hop junk of todays teens!

I don't have any plans to stamp today...instead I'll be tearing up the greens (literally) at a golf scramble I was invited to by one of my radio reps. It's supposed to be 90 outside, ugh, but it's not supposed to be as humid as it's been in recent days, thank heavens. Tonight my youngest is due home from camp--I'm so glad, I missed him so much!!! I'm looking forward to spending some quality time in August with the boys now that camps and baseball is almost over! We need a break!

11 comments:

  1. Great thoughts. Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so right about what things we choose to set our minds on...good reminder.

    i'm feeling similarly about how fast the summer is whizzing by...we're in school in 14 days! carving out time with son amidst work and stamping business is my goal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:54 AM

    I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your life with us! I love this card as well as the Scenic Route papers! You always do a beautiful job. I have my two teenagers off at camp now as well. My daughter has been gone for 3 weeks! My son for only one. But the house is so quite without them!Ugh! Lots of time to stamp though!
    Judy

    p.s. I have been missing your old format with the Scrap Stash Saturday's and Super sketch Sunday's. Will you be bringing these back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, your card is beautiful and your words ring so true. I too have to remind myself to "live in the present" and enjoy the things I have.

    I wasn't into the challenges over at SCS either, but I was afraid to admit it. I too am a fan clubber, but I just wanted to do my own thing...and I am happy I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card and some beautiful thoughts to start off the morning! Who knew you should have black in every room to ground it? Now that I think about it, I do have black in almost every room. A weekend of stamping without rules or restrictions sounds positively perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation! Love that DP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your insight to life and your blog! Glad I found you today! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Amy! OH to see a movie. . .I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is very beautiful! I love your combination of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fun crd, and so true too.
    It DOES take effort to live in the here & now.
    I haven't participated in the new SCS challenge craze either, but my mojo has been "on the ball" without it, and I'm happy!

    Oh, and I ADORE the Stray Cats! I can't believe they are still touring! 80s Bands are resurfacing all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin