But, true to form, I'm always a day late and a dollar short, LOL. In all honesty, I made this card back in October for a Moxie challenge calling for us to feature a household item on our cards. At the time, I had been using Lisa Johnson's Papertrey Ink On My Couch set quite a bit and I had the bright idea to connect the couch from her set with a Halloween theme.
Such a stretch, but boy, was this a fun card to make! So out of my normal element. I think it was the sentiment that actually spurred this design on.....replacing YOU with BOO?? Come on, admit it, it was pure genius;0). The designer paper is Basic Grey's Eerie line. The BOO letters are foam and are from my scrapbook stash of stuff.
The sad thing was that I never got this card uploaded for the challenge. And of course, since I wasn't blogging, you never saw it here. So that's why you're seeing a Halloween card on my blog in January. Cuz I thought it was cute and I wanted to share it with you! Hope you like it.
Even though I wasn't blogging on my own blog for the past few months, I was visiting other people's blogs. In fact, I sort of got hooked on blogs OTHER than card making ones. I am sort of fascinated by junking blogs, and quilting blogs, cooking blogs, and of course, photography blogs. I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you, just in case you're ready to branch out a bit too.....
1. Picky Palate
4. Better After
5. Get Your Martha On-a new blog I recently found focusing on finding our inner Martha's.
6. Room Remix
7. Artsy Fartsy Junk Finds-lots of great decorating ideas using junk!
8. Funky Junk Interiors-great decorating ideas.
9. Life In Grace-a Christian mom of like, a zillion kids. She looks like she's 20 though. Love her style of writing too.
10. Weekly Gratitude-a new blog I've found dedicated to filling our lives up with gratitude, something I really need to work on.
11. Snapshots of a Good Life-my all time favorite blog, for reasons I cannot really explain. I just love her transparent, REAL style of writing, and her AMAZING photographs. Someday I want to get into her online photography class, which currently has a waiting list of over 1200 people . Her photos are exactly what I strive for with my own. Until I can get in her class (and save up all the money to do so), I'll just keep stalking her blog;0).
12. Quiet Life-this is quiet, peaceful mom devoted to taking beautiful pictures of her absolutely beautiful daughters. She does quite a bit of feature writing for the Pioneer Woman Photography blog.
13. Thrifty Decor Chick-just another fun decorating for less blog
14. Trends & Traditions-a quilt pattern designer from northern MN!
I hope you have fun checking out these blogs today. Have a wonderful, family focused Sunday.