Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Little Birdie

Another oldie but a goodie.

Schedule dictated another schlep into the archives to find a card to share with you today since I haven't gotten around to photographing any new cards yet.

I did get a chance to stamp yesterday because a girlfriend of mine ordered 25 cards that I need to get to her next week. She works at the U of MN and uses the cards to send to her clients. They have sort of become her signature thing. The only trouble is that she doesn't like anything on the front other than the main image. And she likes them to be nature themed.

Now, you might not think that's very hard, but for some reason, for me it is. Simple, you say. It would be if I could use all flower images, but I can't since she sends cards to both men and women. So, they pretty much have to be gender nuetral. I don't know why I'm sharing all this, because it doesn't have anything to do with today's card....but I sort of got on a roll about it, so forgive me if you will!

Like I said, this was made waaaaaay back in June. I'm fairly certain the paper is from My Minds Eye????? No, somehow, that doesn't sound quite right. I think in fact it might be from Crate. Anybody know? Anyways, I really loved the paper and thought it would look cute on the bird too, so I paper pieced him. The polka dot frame was cut using my rectangle Nestabilities.

Maybe tonight I'll get some time to take pictures of my new cards. There are a few in the bunch you might like. I think it might be a good tv night tonight (I'm an Ugly Betty and Grey's fan), so if that's the case, I'll be veggin' on the couch and not playing photographer.

I have to tell you, last night the boys had choir practice at church. On Sunday, they are singing with the amazing Robert Robinson, who is a big gospel singer here in the midwest (he has performed with Aretha Franklin, nine-time Grammy Award winner Andrae Crouch, Kenny Loggins, the Sounds of Blackness, Bobby McFerrin, Barry Manilow, Jermaine Jackson, among others). He is AMAZING! Anyways, he was rehearsing with the kids last night and my boys had such a great time (my oldest has sung with Robert before, but this was a first time for my youngest). Robert was giving them such a hard time for being "quiet Lutherans". He asked them if they had ever been to a Baptist gospel church before and of course, none of the "quiet Lutheran" kids ever had:)!! I can't wait to hear them sing on Sunday. I heard them rehearsing last night and it was amazing, truely. That he impacts my kids like that gives me goosebumps. That's saying alot for teenagers! I'm going to bring my camera and videotape them on Sunday singing with Robert and then I'll post it here,ok? If you are interested in hearing any of Robert's music, click on the link above.

Well, I've got to run. I have to work this afternoon.

Hugs,
Amy

6 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Amy. I can't wait to hear the kids singing!

    I wish you the best with your card making. that would be a hard order for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an honor for your boys to have a chance to sing with Robert. I saw him first with Lorie Line many years ago and my husband surprised me with tickets for my birthday this past October to see him in December (? or Nov) in Rochester. What an amazing concert. WOW!!!! We ARE quiet Lutherans and it does us good to hear from Baptists!!!! I can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card......from June! LOL! What a great opportunity for your boys! You must be sooooooo proud! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Good luck with the card order Amy, that does sound like a tricky one. I'm sure you will figure something out, you are super creative! Grey's is one of my faves too......and it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just me, Amy, letting you know I'm thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card!
    You rock, I cannot imagine you having trouble designing cards! :)
    What a cool experience for your son! I bet it will be an amazing concert. Enjoy!
    have a wonderful weekend!
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin