Sunday, January 04, 2009

A Few Stamping Goals for 2009

I'm going to try and do some new things this year that I wasn't so good about doing last year. The first is making a concerted effort to leave more comments on the blogs I visit.

Usually I'm cruising through my favorite blogs with a limited amount of time every morning, and I find myself not leaving many comments because I've convinced myself it's too much of a hassle.

But as a blogger myself, I realize the importance of leaving comments because #1)It reminds the blogger that they're not just mindlessly talking to only themselves every day when they post, and #2)because comments make us feel good, knowing we've inspired you! It's true, I do this not just for myself, but for you too! It's always nice to know that readers appreciate that. So, be on the lookout...I'm going to be making a mindful effort to leave more comments in 2009 so I can encourage all of you just like you encourage me everyday!

The second thing I am going to try and get better at in 2009 is participating in more challenges. I don't do too many, and I don't know why. Today I took my first step toward accomplishing this goal. For the very first time evah, I am participating in the SCS Featured Stamper Challenge! Amazing, I know. Julie was one of the first people to inspire me in blogland, so I thought it was the least I could do to honor her. I think many of you can say the same about Julie. Although Julie's and my style are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT (like polar opposite ends of the earth different), I still wanted to give todays challenge a try. And happily, I think I was able to re-create one of Julie's contemporary style cards in a manner that didn't cause me to abandon my own style. Here's the card of Julie's that I chose to re-create.....and here's my version of Julie's card....

So simple I don't need to give you the play-by-play on how I did it, right? RIGHT! Just a little bit of paper piecing to keep it "me", yet simplistic enough to maintain the clean, contemporary style Julie has become famous for.

This challenge was a lot of fun. I'm glad I decided to to it. Hope you like it!

Well, I am going leave you now to go make a few cards. Later this afternoon the Hubster and I are heading to the Vikings/Eagles playoff game! I am excited for our date!

Hugs,
Amy

21 comments:

  1. Your challenge card is adorable, and you've managed to capture Julie's style with your own twist on it!! Great job, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card Amy...you are so right with the blog comment thing....I go cruising through all my favorite blogs too (yours included), I really need to slow down and comment a little....Way to jump into a challenge, I often do that to get my creative juices flowing too.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Great card..you did a great job of keeping your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cutie patootie card, as always!

    check out this post by stamping rockstar jen del muro, and tell me if you don't think the two of you are on the same wavelength!

    http://iheart2stamp.com/2009/01/04/fs100-and-other-firsts/

    have a great time at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card!!! Great job with the challenge - the little paper pieced bird is just perfect!!! TFS

    PS - I can't sign in to OpenID for some reason, so I have to use my old blogger account to leave a comment. OpenID doesn't like me on anyone's blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! I love it! I am glad you will be participating in challenges because that means I will get to see more of your gorgeous creations! :D Also, I have to say that I love your commenting goal and I am going to attempt to do the same this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to work on the same thing. I have started my own blog and I LOVE receiving comments but I have been bad about leaving comments on other pages. Thanks for making me realize I need to do what I would like other people to do. I hope this new year is good to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card! I love your style, which is totally different than mine, and I don't really have any of the colors that you have but I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Amy! You left a comment on the card I submitted to SCS for the featured stamper challenge. I came to visit your blog because one of the things I resolved to do in 2009 is to comment more on blogs I visit. Then I come here and see you've said the same thing! LOL! Anyway, I love this card you made! The little bird is so cute paper pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun, cute card!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We watched the Viking's game on TV
    Sorry they lost. We are old Viking fans being born and raised in MN. but left a long time ago
    Your card is so cute. Love all your cards.
    Angel Hugs...Chemo Angel Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your challenge card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet little card. . .adorable! Have a great week, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm also trying to leave more comments in the new year. I always enjoy seeing your card, and your positive upbeat outlook on things. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card, Amy! It is totally "you" for sure. Have lots of fun at the game. I hope you don't freeze your pants off!! Ah, you Minnesotans can handle it. lol

    blessings!
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amy, this is cute! Ya know what they say about great minds!! Hugs-Jd

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute cute cute! I adore this!
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its fabulous!!!! LOVE, no ADORE, no will be "borrowing" your Labels Two inking!!! What a fantastic look!!!!
    Did you get a lot of snow in that last storm? We only got about 6 inches...sad when that sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really bad about not leaving comments.....especially when several have already commented. But I always watch for your blog to come up - you have such great ideas and I've been praying for you and your families job situation.

    ReplyDelete
  20. THis is just so sweet! I LOVE that little birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great ideas and beautiful cards. Please feel free to visit (and comment) on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin