Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Be My Valentine

I'm not entirely sure I'm loving this card. It was one of the first I made upon returning from our Christmas journey across the country. When I sat down to make it, I hadn't stamped in a few weeks and my creative mojo was fast asleep. I like it, I just don't love it.

I loved the paper I used on the card, so I didn't want to cover it up. The only trouble is that Mr. Giraff is very busy, just like the paper. And he's almost exactly the same color. You've got to hand it to me for my color matching skills if anything, lol! He just blends in too much:). You almost have to squint to see him....

He's colored with my Copic markers, and then I cut him out and popped him up with dimensional tape. He wasn't originally supposed to be cut out, but I made a boo-boo on the paper he was stamped on, so "hello scissors, adios paper"! Typically, in a situation like that, I might find myself just tossing the image, but Mr. Giraff took me too long to color that I couldn't bear the thought of tossing the poor guy away. So this card was born.


This card is actually one I plan on sending to Julie Koerber's mom Pat. Pat is collecting Valentine's Day cards for her Cards 4 Kids program at the Children's Hospital in Detroit. One of the administators at the hospital approached Pat and asked her if she could collect 1,000 cards for the children there. Being the angel she is, she said yes and then threw the challenge out to all of us stampers in blogland! You can find out a little more about this challenge over at Julie's blog, on this post if you are interested in donating some cards to the cause. I am pleased I can help out!

Well, today is a busy day. I've got to get rollin'. BSF starts up again, then I have a quick lunch with my SIL, then I have to stop and buy some pants somewhere (ha), then I have to come home and get a few things done around the house, and then I have to bring the boys to choir tonight as the Hubster is flying to Iowa City for a Gopher's basketball game....the Gopher's are on FIRE this season!!!! Woo-hoo!

Hugs,
Amy


4 comments:

  1. Well...I love it!! Maybe if he was stamped in black ink he would show up more...however, I think he's cute just the way he is!!! LOVE all the hearts!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy... you are the best!!!!! I LOVE the giraffe with the fun colors and spunky paper! I can just see a little girl grabbing it and saying -- 'oooOOooo, I want this one!' Can't you? Thanks for helping to make our dream goal a reality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids will LOVE it. The colors are so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stinkin' adorable card! The kids will LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin