Wednesday, November 12, 2008

JustRite Rocks!

It's JustRite Week at over at Stamper's Dream! Every day this week the amazing Stamper's Dream Dream Team is dazzling you with amazing projects made with a multitude of JustRite products.

I gotta tell you again, as I have before, that I looooove my JustRite monogram stamper. Recently though, I purchased the 1 5/8" Harmony Classic Circle Stamper so I decided to use it for today's project. It's got the same sized face as the Monogram Stamper (where you put your font letters in to build your personalized monogram), but it has a wooden handle and does not come in a fancy schmancy self storage case.

I've been seeing so many cute Christmas gift projects out there lately that I wanted to try my hand at one for my girlfriend who lives out of town for Christmas. I remember that she really used to like hot chocolate in college, so I'm assuming that she still likes it as a grown woman, lol. I found this amazing ceramic mug at Homegoods last week and thought it would be perfect wrapped up with some marshmallows and cocoa for my friend.

I played off the black and white mug by using Real Red cardstock to really make the whole thing pop! I first had to brainstorm a great cocoa saying for my JustRite stamper. I couldn't think of anything really witty, so I ended up going with "A Cup Of Cocoa to Warm Your Heart". I added a black circle and a red heart in the middle of my monogram to tie in with the sentiment that I created with my JustRite Stamper. On a piece of Real Red cardstock, I stamped a bunch of snowflakes from my Hero Arts clear stamp set called Winter's Butterfly in Whisper White craft ink. For my cocoa wrap, I used my Scor-Pal to score lines to make wrapping it around the cocoa easier. I am not a tutorial kinda gal, so you aren't going to find any detailed instructions on how to make the wrap. I'll leave that to the pros! I added a scalloped border of white at the top and bottom of the wrap for a little decorative pizzaz.

For the inside of the mug, I packaged up some miniature marshmallows and tied them up with a bow. I made a really cute bow to hang of the marshmallows too. It is a cup of hot cocoa, can't you tell? The cocoa cup stamp actually has circles all over it, but I didn't want circles on my cup. So I stamped it on a piece of Real Red cardstock, cut it out and then turned it over to the non stamped side. Then I stamped more snowflakes on the cup! Even more snowflakes were stamped on the black background.


The whipped cream was created with Liquid Applique. I wanted to put some chocolate sprinkles on my whipped cream, so I sprinkled a tiny bit of brown embossing powder over the applique, but it didn't quite work. The crystals just sort of sank a bit into the whipped cream, so they aren't that noticable. It was the thought that counts, right? Right!

I had so much fun creating this special little gift for my girlfriend. I hope she likes it. I didn't make one for her hubby, do you think he'll feel bad? I don't think so because the cute little mug might be bit feminine for his liking, lol.

Well, I hope you liked the little gift idea today. Be sure and visit Tosh today too to see what amazing little thing she's created using JustRite products. Tomorrow was Laurie's Schmidlin's day to post her JustRite project, but since she's been away taking care of her daughter Ali, the entire Dream Team decided to pitch in and post for her! Friday it's going to be Carolyn and Cindy wowing us.

Be sure to visit Michelle's blog to try and win yourself some sweet little JustRite blog candy, ok? Leave a comment on this post to comment. Michelle will have more details for you there.

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Amy








12 comments:

  1. SUPER cute, Amy! I absolutely love it! And those colors...wow! Thanks, my friend for a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL Amy! I love what you did and the adorable sentiment around the heart! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    I love the results that all of you creative ladies have come up with using the Just Rite stamps, but I am confused about how to use them and haven't taken the time to educate myself. What do I need to start using this system? Is there a basic kit that one begins with?

    If you don't mind helping me or directing me to the "rite" people, I sure would appreciate it. :)

    bless you today!

    barb
    p.s. love your card for today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project, Amy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project Amy!! Love the red/black/white combo. It's so striking. Love that gorgeous mug and thoughtful gift inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, how adorable! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty! I know your friend will love this mug and matching cocoa wrap and tag. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this is just awesome! Black and white is right up my alley and when you add the red, its just so festive! What a great little project this is! I love your creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow, Amy! This project rocks! Love that mug, and your wrapping and tag is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous! absolutely fabulous!!! I love the color combo and what a sweet sentiment!
    I need to get letters to make my own sayings too-tfs and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors sure POP and go well with the mug. Your friend will love the gift.

    I visited Archivers this evening and priced the JustRite products;they're not terribly expesive as I had thought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Amy! Love this gift set...so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin