Friday, October 24, 2008

Real Recipe Friday

So sorry it's been a few weeks since I've shared a recipe. What with my mom's surgery and all, along with the basic craziness of life, I didn't have time to post anything. BUT, Real Recipe Friday is back today, with a delicious recipe for Snickerdoodles.


Actually, I decided to share my recipe for Snickerdoodles today because when I was surfing through my favorite blogs this morning, I ran across a fabulous project by Laurie Schmidlin (Just Give Me Stamps). She was featuring this adorable little cookie package that she made that was filled with SNICKERDOODLES! They are BY FAR my most favorite cookie of all time. My mouth started watering the minute I saw Laurie's cookies. So, I thought, what better kind of recipe to share than a cookie recipe!!!! Beware though....you won't be able to eat just one!


Snickerdoodles

2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup shortening, room temperature
2 large eggs
Cinnamon Sugar: 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 2 tsp cinnamon

1. Heat oven to 400. Have cookie sheets ready.
2. Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
3. In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, shortening and eggs with a mixer until well blended and smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Refrigerate dough, if needed, until firm enough to shape.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned and tops are crinkled. Remove from pan and cool. Makes 48 cookies.

Trust me, these cookies are amazing. Now be sure and go look at Laurie's blog to see her cookie project using Taylor's new Sweet Impressions holiday stamps (they are the cutest things ever!). At the same time you're admiring Laurie's work, you can admire the cookies too, LOL!!!! Enjoy your cookies!

On the job front, I did hear from Karen, the woman I interviewed with yesterday. She called to tell me that they are still hashing things out about who to hire and which direction they want to go. It's between me and another person. I'm thinking the panel of 4 is split down the middle on who to hire. Just speculation on my part. She is hoping to have a decision made by early next week. I'll let you know as soon as I know something! I really want this job and think it would be a great fit for me.


Have a great day!


Hugs,

Amy

p.s. Photo of cookies courtesy of Wikipedia




7 comments:

  1. Yummy! I haven't made those in years!! Might be baking this afternoon! :)
    I am still praying for that job, Amy!! ((HUGS))
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:57 AM

    Amy, these Snickerdoodles look absolutely scrumptious!! Your recipe sounds fantastic...I will definitely try it! (Snickerdoodles are my all time fave as well!! :-)

    Hugs,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Hope you get that job, my fingers are crossed! Mary S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Snickerdoodles are so good titha cup of cocoa or hot cider. Great for this cooler weather we're having. Prayers being said for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies always meant the beginning of the holiday season when I was growing up. Always wanted to get the recipe from my mom and keep forgetting. Now I don't have to bug her! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its been ages since I've made snickerdoodles. I guess it's time to do it again . THey look delish

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin