Thursday, October 02, 2008

Inspiring Birds

Here is another attempt at a shabby sheeeek card.

I adore the paper I used. It's from Heidi Grace Designs and the line is called Reagan's Closet. The colors are so scrumptious....pinks, blues, lime green and taupe/brown.

One of the things I've been hyper-focused on lately is birds! As you can see, I've got one on this card, and on a few others I've made as well but haven't shared here yet. Vicki Chrisman (This Art That Makes Me Happy) sent me a bunch of Accu-cut shapes way over a year ago, so I thought I'd use one as a template so I could make birds in coordinating papers for the front of my cards. I cut the bird out using a coordinating pattern from the Reagan's Closet line as well.

I've really been cranking out the cards since I've switched things up a bit with my style. While I don't think I'll stay long with the shabby sheeeeek look, it's fun for a little while. I think it's good to stretch ourselves in uncomfortable ways. I was just getting sooooo tired of rectangular images, layers, and ribbon. It was getting too predictable and boring. This style requires me to work in ways I'm not familiar or comfortable with. I think the shabby look is very unstructured and free, and I tend to gravitate more toward ridgid rectangles and structure. So, I'm enjoying creating in a more free manner!

Well, I'm off to stamp a bit. The hubster is on his way this morning to Waco, TX for the Baylor/Oaklahoma football game. He is working for ESPN Radio again. He'll be back on Sunday, so it's just me and the boys to fend for ourselves for a few days. The sun is shining, so it's a great day.

Hugs,
Amy

5 comments:

  1. Oh amy it's great! It'e like Shabby meets retro and it's fabulous for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    wanted you to know that I am a lurker to your site. I check you out everyday. Thanks.
    I love the layout of this card. i'll have to check my stash to see if I have something similar. the paper is gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is fantastic! LOVE the pp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the paper! Great colors and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic. I love that fun bird!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin