Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Giving Shabby a Try

I'm getting bored with my current "style" of card making, so I started stretching my wings a little bit this weekend to try something new. Not new in a specific sense, just new for me.

For some reason, I've been really attracted to Julia Stanton's (Belle Papier) cards lately. It's not like she's doing anything new, but for some reason, I'm just more drawn to her style now than in the past. That sounds wrong somehow...let me rephrase that....it's not that I didn't like her style before....it's just that I'm starting to love it more and more these days:)! She has an amazzzzzing way with the shabby chick look. And I really admire her ability to use up the scraps on her desk to magically make something really stunning. I sooooo need something that will force me to use up the scraps that are overtaking my stamp room!

So, I spent some time this weekend studying Julia's style and then got busy trying out the shabby look for myself. This card is a direct inspiration of Julia's work! I'm so thankful we can look to other stampers for inspiration when our own inspiration seems to be on the fritz. I think it's going to take me a while to get the hang of this style of card, but that's ok. I've got the time. I just want to say thanks to Julia for her inspiration. Do you think I should let her know? I always appreciate hearing from woman who are inspired by me, so maybe I'll let Julia know today that she has inspired me!

Be sure to come back over the next few days for some more attempts at shabby SHEEEEEK!

Hugs,
Amy

Details
Stamps: SU Polka Dot Background, CHF-Big Inspirations
Paper: Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla, Choc. Chip, My Minds Eye (Laundry Line)
Embellies: chipboard (unknown), Prima flowers, staples

9 comments:

  1. I think you did that beautifully! I don't do shabby chic well either, but I certainly appreciate its beauty. I LOVE Julia's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! Loving the background paper-is it My Mind's Eye? It must be the MN in us-I have been doing shabby a ton lately too! :)
    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and I hear ya on Julia's cards. They are so eye catching--the detail, the small things. You have definitely captured that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it Amy! Shabby is my style so what's not to like about what you've created. You done good girl. Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it. I think you did a fantastic job. Congrats at your first shabby card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:27 AM

    I like it, Amy. Details, please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Very pretty card. Thanks for directing me to her blog. (Like I need any more added to my Google Reader! I just can't resist though.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Pretty! I love this style and read Julies blog daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO pretty Amy!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin