Monday, August 11, 2008

Celebrate

Hope you all had a great weekend! It was GORGEOUS here. The nights are fabulous...we turned off the air a few days ago because it's staying in the 70's during the day and diving into the high 50's in the night. So sleeping....let's just say it's been divine! There is simply no greater thing than sleeping with the cool breeze blowing through the windows at bedtime while you're snuggled under the comforter....heaven.

We embarked on a little remodeling project last week. I got a hankerin' to repaint the 1st floor powder room because it was in serious need of an update. So a good portion of the weekend involved that little room. The walls are going to be chocolate brown, and all the accessories will be cream with a tish of blue thrown in for good measure. Since our remodeling budget is next to nil, I am spray painting everything I owned previously and giving it a new life that way. I am hoping to get to the actual painting soon!

Last week, I'm happy to report my mojo was in-the-house!!! Since it's been mysteriously absent so much this summer, it was a welcome relief to actually be able to sit at my desk and easily pump out cards that looked good! This was one of those cards that just seemed to work from the minute I got started on it.

I found an awesome sentiment a few weeks ago that I thought would be perfect to use with my Cosmobella and of course, BeerFella. It is by Inkadinkado. I don't know if it's new or not, so you'll have to search online to see if you can find it somewhere. I bought mine at my LSS. Now, I'm not much of a drinker (I'd rather get my calories in the form of food rather than drink), but I sell lots of cards with margarita's and the like. So I snatched it up quickly before someone else could!

I have been on a joy-fold card kick lately. I think this is called a joy-fold....anyone? I must say, it was SOOOO simple! I just stamped my Bella, colored her with Copics, stuck her on the joy-fold, and stamped the sentiment on the inside of the joy-fold! I am so going to make more of these kinds of cards soon! Hope you liked it!

I want to fill you in on a bunch of fun stuff happening this week over at the Verve Blog and the Verve Forum on SCS. Here they are in bullet point form....

  • There are more sneak peeks today and tomorrow on the Verve Blog! The big release of the August stamp sets is WEDNESDAY!!!!
  • A Verse-a-day continues with the anni-Verve-sary set, Beautiful You, on the Verve Forum everyday through Tuesday. You can enter every day to win the set.
  • Julee still has a few more Anni-VERVE-sary sketches for you to participate in! Remember, if you participate in each and every one (there will be 12 total), you will be entered to win the complete set of August stamps (it's something like a $114 value!!!!).
  • Big news! There will be a big Verve Release Party on Tuesday night over at the Verve Forum!!! Be there from 10p-12m to join in on all the fun! I am excited, it will be my first release party EVER (I am an early to bed sort of gal....long asleep by the time all of you gals get to stamp partying!). Hopefully I'll be able to stay awake through the whole thing. I plan on napping that day!!!!

Well, it's time for me to run. I have a few errands to run today, and most importantly, I've got my interview over at the hospital! Be thinking of me at 3pm!!

Hugs,

Amy

4 comments:

  1. Best of Luck in the interview. Hope it turns out great. Love the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Amy! Totally looks like a party in a card! :) And the new colors for your powder room sound divine. There's nothing like a fresh coat of paint to make an old room feel brand new! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?!? this has been posted all day and no one has commented on its uber fabulousness? i'm seriously shocked!

    I LOVE your interpretation of the joy fold, and i plan on CASE'ing it tomorrow!

    looking forward to an update on the interview today. enjoy those cool nights and perfect days. we've been having nice weather here too. for the past 2 years it has been in the 100s the first week of school (yes, today was our first day), but it was pleasantly only in the high 80s today. aaaahhh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your interview, Amy - knock their socks off! Great card, too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin