Monday, May 26, 2008

Do Over

This is a card I made last September, and I think I showed it to you already, but I'm not 100% positive. But, it's such a happy, bright, fun card, I thought I'd share it with you again, so some of my new readers can see it too!

This flower stamp is from Hero Arts and I used to love it SOOOO much! I used it all the time, mostly paper piecing with it like I did on this card. I haven't used it in a million years, but seeing this card makes me want to try it again! This actually might have been a Scrap Stash Saturday card, as I would "normally" never use a plaid and a striped paper together for for the "fun of it"! Yep, I think I count four different papers on this card, the background plaid, the striped paper the flower is sitting on, the floral strip down the center of the card, and a pinkish paper on a few of the flower petals and scallops. So, it's obvious to me now that at some point last September, I had this on my blog. I hope you won't be disappointed to see it again!

Yesterday was a LONNNNNNG day. We had our wonderful friends Mike and Sue (and their daughter Lindsey) over for dinner. Everything was delish; we had smoked beef brisket, loaded baked potato salad (Rachel Ray), grilled asparagus, grilled garlic bread, and for dessert we had Strawberry Sensation (a recipe from Cool Whip, I think)! The Loaded Bake Potato Salad was fabulous and can be found in last month's issue of Rachel Ray's magazine. I've included the link for you here though! It was a really simple recipe-everyone loved it! I wish I had some pictures of the day to show you, but you know the drill, the camera is in the camera hospital getting cleaned. Oh how I miss it!

The Twin Cities metro area suffered some horrible weather yesterday afternoon, although it was north of where we live. A town called Hugo, MN suffered tornadoes that crushed homes and killed at least one, a two year old child, and severely injured at least 9 others. At least 50 homes were destroyed and hundreds others severely damaged. The whole time the storms were passing through that area, we were sitting on the deck enjoying sunshine skies. So weird. My heart goes out to those people who's homes and families were touched by this tragedy. It is very unusual for deaths to occur from tornadoes in this day and age with such sophisticated weather monitoring equipment. It will be interesting to read in the days ahead what exactly happened in the minutes before the tornadoes hit and why so many were left in vunerable situations and not be able to seek shelter in time.

Today is going to be a lazy day. No big plans, except for stamping! Woo-hoo! Now if I can just find my mojo....I seem to have lost it.....

Hugs,
Amy

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. You're cards are always so bright and positive. Love them! WOW! I didn't realize MN had tornado's. I have inlaws near the Twin Cities. I'd better give them a call today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Amy - even the second time around. ;) I had the same love for that fabulous Doodle Leaf Flower last year, maybe we should pull it out together for a fun challenge. My mouth is simply watering from the descripiton of your dinner last night. Can't wait to try that potato salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card...you are such an adventurous paper picker outer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you are OK. I am just about to write to friends in US who live in Lake Elmo to see if all is OK with them. I love the paper piecing of that flower - would never think to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved what you did with that stamp. But I never bought it! I should have.

    We had a similar experience to yours when about 10 years ago an area north of us was hit by tornadoes while we had lovely sunshine. I was so shocked! Glad that weather stayed away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I *love* these petals stamped on patterned paper--great idea and beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this card! You sure know how to use dp! I think it's fantastic how much you use it. I have definitely been inspired from you since I found your amazing blog! I use more and more dp all of the time! :D Thanks for that! Also, I am really glad to hear that you weren't caught in those tornadoes. How sad. We just had a bunch here in Colorado too. Luckily they were a few hours north of us. Thanks for all you do Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card--I love mixing patterns like this. When I was a kid my mom would tell me, "You can't mix plaids and stripes and prints!". Well, NOW WE CAN!!! Yippee!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this card with all its many different PPs!!! It's soo colorful without being to busy or gaudy!
    Yummy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards and awesome paper choices!!!!!
    I live just a few short miles from the EF5 tornado that went through Iowa. It's heartbreaking to see all of the destruction, we have friends and family that were injured and had their houses literally blown away with nothing left. It really makes us realize what is importnat in our lives and hug those we love.
    Thanks again for the inspiration!!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin