Sunday, October 14, 2007

SCS Sketch Challenge

I decided to participate in this week's SCS sketch challenge since I'm having so much trouble with my layout "mojo". It IS seriously suffering. You might not be able to notice by the look of the cards I share with you, but I assure you, getting to the point of completion lately has been excruciating!

I really like the sketch challenge this week, it's very simple in nature. I pulled out my favorite fall designer paper by Paper Salon, called Spice: Floral. I cut short the front panel as indicated by the sketch. Using my handy-dandy Janome Sew-Mini, I stitched around the edge of the paper (for those of you wondering, I stitch directly onto the designer paper, but do NOT sew it directly to the cardstock! I don't like having the underneath stitches visible to the eye). The paper is then glued to the front panel. The paper on the inside panel is from The Paper Company and is called Autumn Aubergine. It's really beautiful double-sided paper. I glued a piece of it vertically to the inside of the card. The main image, Agapanthus by Stampendous, was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock with Elegant Eggplant ink. The whole image is distressed using.....that's right, Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Stain! It's mounted on a piece Elegant Eggplant cardstock and mounted to the front of the card using Mono Multi.

The sentiment, by Hero Arts, was stamped on Very Vanilla, distressed and matted on So Saffron cardstock. For this card, I mounted the sentiment in the lower right hand corner of the main image, however, I made another card identical to this one but mounted the sentiment near the top of the panel, on the left side of the flowers. I like it this way much better. It gives a more visually appealing look to the bottom of the card! I didn't take a picture of the other version, so I can't show it to you to decide for yourself! Sorry!

Today we're heading over to the Newby's for sloppy joe's (or chili) and the Vikings game. They are doing HORRIBLE this year, so I imagine Lue and I will putz in her stamp room or chit chat while the guys watch the game intently. I've got to put my thinking cap on to figure out what dish I'm going to bring to share.....

Speaking of food, the potato soup I made last night was FABU-LISHOUS! I was slightly worried (ok, I was VERY worried) when I was first making it cuz it didn't taste too hot. But a little doctoring managed to transform it into Mmmmm, Mmmmm, GOOD! Now I'm just hoping I can remember what I did so I can make it again sometime soon. The recipe is upstairs, so I can't give you the recipe right now, but I promise I'll get it blogged sometime this week!

After potato soup with my parents, we headed to Youngest Son's final football game. I'm happy to say they WON again! They officially finished the season 8-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of the boys. But a big part of their success was the coach. He is fabulous. Smart and very well disciplined. He was tough on the boys, but in a good way. And boy, did he know his football! I made a card for him last night after we got home that I will share with you tomorrow, maybe. Because I am so layout challenge lately, I modified Beate's file folder sketch slightly because I couldn't understand her wonderful tutorial (my fault, not Beate's. I'm instruction challenged as well as layout challenged!!!). I want to alter a small paint can for the coach and stuff it with some candy or something as a thank you to him for his dedication to the team!

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Amy

6 comments:

  1. Amy, your card is gorgous. I love the purple with the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my missing mojo looked so good . . .
    Hugs,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:37 PM

    Amy, how do you distress your cards to where it has a soft look? What do you use to "dab" it on? I have several of the Ranger Distress Inks but can't get a soft, light look. Love your cards and projects. Sometime hope to own some of your Papertrey stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:54 PM

    I just realized Nicole is the "Papertrey Lady" and her blog is in my favorites right above yours---I'm not totally crazy!!! Just hurrying to glance at all my favorite blogs & bouncing back and forth between them. Still want to know how you get the soft, light look when you use Distress Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:15 PM

    Perfect image for that sketch ... love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful!! I really love that image and the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin