Friday, October 26, 2007

Another Fun Cowboy Card

Here's another one of my "cowboy cards" using Stampin' Ups new Wanted set! I'm so lovin' this new set. I'm sad to say that once again, I'm the last person to jump on the proverbial bandwagon. The new catalog has been out four months and just now I'm realizing how cool the set is? Very typical. I was never the leader growing up, I was always the follower! As you can see, it remains that way to this very day!

Isn't the paper from Cosmo Cricket (appropriately named "Wanted", thanks for the information everyone) perfect to use with this set? The ripples in the paper are actually part of the design, it's not really rippled. But it sure looks like I put it through my crimper, doesn't it? The horses panel across the front was achieved by lightly stamping from left to right, a little bit more ink every move to the right, until I stamped the last horse with "full strength" ink! The card really needed something a little "more", so I added the three circles above the horse panel, using a complimentary cardstock to mat the circles. I still thought it needed something ever more after I did that, so I stamped a few stars on the background paper.

Even though I thought I wasn't attracted to anything country (ok, besides Tim McGraw), I find myself lovin' this card. Maybe it's the colors, maybe it's the subtle way it appears the horse really IS running across the front of the card. I'm not quite sure. But what I AM sure about is that I won't be putting my new Wanted set up on the shelf anytime soon! I stopped in quickly at Archiver's last night and bought some more cowboy/country designed papers, so I'm really to roll!

Today I get to go shopping with my friend Lue! I can't wait to find some new stamps to buy. Obviously, I'm on a strict budget, but a girl can always look, can't she? Tonight I think is a "stay at home" night. No big plans. Tomorrow Eldest son has a Halloween Parade to march in, and then a playoff football game at school tomorrow night. Most likely we'll go watch that if it's not too cold!

Have a great weekend peeps!

Hugs,
Amy

p.s. Do you like the new shortened version of my post? I'm trying to keep it shorter and sweeter for you guys!

Stamps: WantedPaper: Cosmo Cricket (Wanted), brown metallic cardstock, SU Cool Caribbean and Very VanillaAccessories: brads, decorative scissorsInk: Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Burnt Sienna, and Dark Brown, Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Stain

10 comments:

  1. Really great card Amy. You're rockin' the "country" look. Love how you made your horse *run* and the turquoise accents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:40 AM

    what a neat card this is! I keep a supply of that very same Cosmo Cricket paper on hand because I love it so much! It works perfectly with this stamp set. Long or short, I read everything you post! It's all good:) Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this card is fabulous, just the right amount of stuff!!! Love how that horse runs across the art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, you ARE a leader in the craft world! I see folks CASEing your stuff all the time (me included!). Secondly, I am SO not country/western ANYTHING, but I bought this set too and I like it, but I haven't done anything near as cool as you with it!
    Thirdly, I just saw Tim McGraw for the first time in a movie and was FLOORED at his charm. Man, what a hottie! (I had no idea who he was, my Dh had to tell me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya
    Have been a bad blogger lately & not been on your blog. I must say though I am loving your cowboy cards. They are real 'Wild West'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Amy! WOW! Love the movement you created!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:39 PM

    This is awesome. Love that Paper! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I love your western card! That paper is perfect for it! I thought you did run the paper through your crimper...what a cool look!

    I don't have a preference to your post lengths. Write how much or how little you feel. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:29 PM

    I LOVE those turquoise accents~~it's just beautiful! Thanks so much, your blog is FABULOUS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin