Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Today's the Day!

Today I leave for Chicago and the CHA Trade Show. Yippee! I am so excited to get on the road. We are driving (let me rephrase that....I am driving) with my girlfriend Ann, who owns the scrapbook store I teach at. We are going early so she has some time to plan her strategy for buying. Apparently it's a very exhausting deal being a retailer at CHA! The drive to Chicago is only about 7 hours from where we live, and as I calculate it, we should be arriving in and around Chicago right in time for RUSH HOUR! Yikes.

Our hotel is only about 2 miles from the Stephen's Convention Center (where the trade show is being held) and is less than a mile from where I'm having dinner Saturday night with the gals from Craft Critique! We're eating at Gino's Pizza, which is heralded as one of the best pizza joints in Chicago. Youngest Son is convinced it's the BEST pizza joint in the USA!

I plan on checking in everyday (wireless internet willing) from CHA. I'll have lots of fun pictures to share with you and a wealth of great information on all the hot new products for fall! If there's anything specific you want to know about, please leave me a comment and I'll try and find out whatever it is you want to know. This is going to be so much fun!

Ok, onto the card for today. This card was initially made for one of the {Caardvark} challenges. I made a few different versions of the card and this was the one I liked least. Even though I liked it the least, I still love it. I love the paper (American Craft)! I love the colors!!!!! I love the layout. The stamp is from Fancy Pants (Pollen Dust) and was first stamped with Versamark and then embossed with black embossing powder. I did the dual mat on the sentiment because making it all green or all black would have gotten lost in the wild paper! Such a classy, elegant card, isn't it?

I want to share a few RAK's with you that I've received in the last few days.

The first one is from my blogging pal (and new Verve Visual Design Team Teammate) Bethany Paul over at It's Not All Black and White! Is this not a BEAUTIFUL card? I love the lavender, black and cream color combination. It's so elegant looking. The main image actually is comprised of TWO background stamps (Canvas and French Script BG's), and then on top of that she stamped the birds and flowers from the Carte Postale SU set. I'm trying to figure out the paisely paper she used behind the main image, it's black and white as well! Very cool. Thank you Bethany, for thinking of me and for such a sweet card. You ROCK!

The second card is from my blogging friend Jenn from GA! Her blog is Just For You By Jen. Jenn knows I've had a bunch of rough spots in my life lately, so she sent me this amazing baseball bat card!!!!

The front of the card says "When Life Throws Curves"......and the inside of the card says "Swing for the Cheap Seats, Sister!" Isn't this the most original, amazing card you've seen in a long time! Thank you Jenn! This was a great "pick me up"!

The final RAK is from Melody, better known as LacyQuilter at SCS! Melody is one of my most loyal readers/commenters and I can't thank her enough for thinking of me at this crazy time in my life. Her card is beautiful, and one that I am amazed at. I cannot, for the life of me, make an all-white card and keep it clean of smudges! Her card is flawless! I love how she did the raised circle panel on top of the scalloped circle. She sponged the edges with blue ink and detailed the circles with little blue dots. Such a precious card. Thank you Melody!

Well, I need to wrap it up for the day. Remember to leave me a comment with the things you want to know from CHA! I promise I'll answer or find out whatever it is you need to know!

Hugs,

Amy

17 comments:

  1. Love all of these cards! I will be at CHA too...maybe I will see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:37 AM

    Okay, so yesterday I commented on how much alike we are! I made a card using the some american crafts paper that you used! Ha! Yours is much prettier. Thanks for sharing!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in Chi-town, and yes, Gino's is one of the best there is. If you can, stop by Stamp On In (in Lincoln Park) and say hello to the boys. They should have a booth in CHA. They're the sweetest guys I know that runs a stamp store! Have a safe drive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Thank you for the "rockin girl blogger" nomination, you are the sweetest! Have a safe trip to CHA and HAVE FUN with the girls! Can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous time Amy!! Can't wait to see all the new and fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is stunningly gorgeous!!! The black and green are wonderful together. I WISH I were going to CHA now...I am only another 9 hours or so southwest of there...maybe you should make it an "Across America" roadtrip and come visit...

    Have a safe drive and enjoy your "crafty" weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Amy, that paper looks like so much fun to play with ... have a great time at CHA. I'm sure you're leaving with mixed emotions, but try to enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your challenge card!! Turned out great!

    Your RAK's are awesome! Lucky you. ;)

    Have fun at CHA!! How exciting...can't wait to hear your reports.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful time at CHA...I'm hoping to go to the next one in Anaheim....I think it would be so fun to chat with other crafters and meet some of these people face to face! Love your scalloped edge on your card and you can never go wrong with that pollen dust set! Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that classy green, white and black card. I'm so jealous you'll be at CHA. I'll actually be in Chicago too for our ten year anniversary. We're staying at the Wyndham by Magnificent Mile and going to Friday afternoon's Cubs game. I'll be checking in here to see what's new at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Green, White and Black combo. Very cool card! And what awesome RAK's you got, lucky girl! Have fun at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time at CHA! It is in my own backyard and yes, Gino's East IS great pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:55 PM

    Love your cards. That ball & bat is just too cool. And you are most welcome. Have a wonderful time at CHA - wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card and your fabulous RAKS. Hope you're having a blast at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so pretty! But should I expect any less. I'm going to CHA too. There are so many cool people going. I hope you have a great time and don't get stuck in too much traffic. I'm not going until Friday and Saturday, but it should be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE your card and how nice to see such beautiful RAKS too!
    Have fun at CHA...wish I was going too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous5:37 PM

    Enjoy your visit to Chicago--it's my hometown and a fantastic city to explore. Lots of great restaurants, too! I DO have a request--I'd love to find out if Provo Craft will be introducing more embossing folders for the Cuttlebug--specifically, a polka dot background. I'm CRAZY for PDs and can't seem to find a embossing plate anywhere. Enjoy every minute of CHA and I, like everyone else, will be waiting patiently! for your updates!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin