Saturday, July 14, 2007

{Caardvarks} Nine Time



Here are the two cards I submitted yesterday for day 9 of the {Caardvarks} 10 Day 10K challenge. Day 9's challenge was to use a clock on the front of your card. I made the subdued one first, but it didn't really do much for me, so I made the colorful one second. I do actually like both though. I am also showing you the card I made for today's final challenge. We were to go to the sponsors gallery (Club Scrap) and scraplift one of the cards in their "Fizz" gallery made by Jenyfur! I'm sharing it now because I'm going out of town to see my 16 year old son on his BIRTHDAY today! Woo-hoo. I love you E!!!!!!

So, no time for chit-chat today. Just the cards and a quick update on my MIL. She is not doing well....again. Her kidneys have failed and they put her on dialysis last night to try and jump start them. They think she has at LEAST four infections in her body right now. One of them could be a bladder infection. The other is the heart. Another is probably in her blood. He aven knows what the other infection is. I haven't had an update yet this morning, so things very well could have changed by now. My SIL is driving up with me to see my son at camp, IF everything is stable with Muriel. If you've got it in you, please continue praying for her and for a safe trip up north to see my son. It has been such a long road for us all, namely poor Muriel.

Well, hugs to you all. I probably won't be posting tomorrow. If I've got time, I'll check in tomorrow night for an update.


Amy

17 comments:

  1. All three of your cards are beautiful! The second one is so much more "you" though than the first. The third is just FUN!!! Good for you for finishing this challenge...

    God Bless Murial and keep you all safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Of course Muriel and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers! Have a safe trip and enjoy seeing your son.
    Great job continuing with the challenges to completion. Doing those cards are what you needed to help you through this hard time. Hugs to you.
    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three are fun cards but the 'subdued' one is my fave! I just like the elegance of it I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even when you hear the words "guarded" optimism, one still is so disappointed when things go bad again and I'm sure this has got to be so painful for your FIL, you and your entire family to have to deal with these additional infections. We'll continue to pray for safety, peace and healing.

    BTW, do you happen to know who made 'Neva Coyle' phrase stamp you used on the first card? That is wonderful.

    By the way, I love the 1st cards' stamped words. ,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love the first card -- the colors, the papers, the sentiment -- it all speaks to me! Of course I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers. Looking forward to reading an update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am keeping you in my prayers, Amy! Love your cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. For my taste I really like the "subdued" clock card the best. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:34 PM

    Just letting you know your MIL is in my prayers. I also pray that you have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards AGAIN!!!! Not that I am surprised. You are a superstar!
    Sorry to hear about your MIL again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings, hugs and prayers for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful cards for the challenge, Amy! Super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My prayers and hopes are with Murial and the rest of your family.
    Your cards are beautiful- I am especially fond of the second one. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:34 PM

    Amy, my thoughts and prayers are for you and your family. Hope all is well.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of them! The 2nd and 3rd are such fun bright cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of the clock cards are wonderful (okay, all three cards are wonderful), but I love seeing you step out of your box a bit for the subdued classic first card. I think it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I absolutely love the first clock card. The peace in the center of the clock is just so poetic.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin