Wednesday, July 11, 2007

{Caardvarks} 6 Shooter Challenge

Here's my {Caardvarks} Day 6 challenge card. We were to make a 6x6 inch card. WOW! Was it ever fun to have so much space on the front of the card to work with!

For some reason, I've not been doing much stamping on any of the cards I've made so far for the {Caardvarks} 10 Day 10K challenge. I can't decide if my "style" is changing or if I just don't have any stamps that are inspiring to me right now. I am in a holding pattern waiting for my new SU stamps to get here, so that might be it. I want NEW stamps, not OLD stamps! My order went in July 1st (!) and they still aren't here yet! According to my demo girlfriend Lue, I should get them tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Does it always take this long to get your stamps after the new catalog comes out? Yikes. I hate waiting.

The paper on the front of today's card was totally my inspiration! It is from Scenic Route, one of my new favorite paper companies! Their paper is amazing; so bright, colorful and cheerful! Right up my alley, wouldn't you say? Since I had so much room to work with on this card, I got out some chipboard I won from Julee at Poetic Artistry a while back. Don't you love how glittery and sparkly they are? I first rubbed the "naked" chipboard letters in Certainly Celery ink to color them up a bit. I liked how that looked, but I still wanted "more"! So, I got out my handy dandy glue pen and covered each of the letters with glue and then dumped lots of very fine glitter over them!!! Beautious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you, these things sparrrrrrrrkkkkkkle! Bling!!!!!

Since I was working with so much COLOR, I wanted to bring some black into the equation to "ground" the card a bit. Black always looks FABULOUS with bright colors. I used some more Scenic Route paper, this time the black and white bird pattern, which is the reverse side of the popular "bird" print everyone's going ga-ga over lately (including me). I cut a strip of the black and then scalloped it. I laid that vertically down the left side of the card and then laid the chipboard letters across it and to the top and center of the card.

Next, I needed to bring some stamping into the picture, but how? I searched all my SU sets for something appropriate. No luck there. I lifted my aching butt out of my stampin' chair and went across the room to peruse my single stamps that are displayed on shelves on the wall. Ahhhhhh-HA! I spotted a relatively new sentiment stamp from Hero Arts that says "Be Silly and have FUN! Bingo! Perfecto!!! I stamped the sentiment in black to tie in with the black designer paper and then mounted it just below the chipboard letters at an angle. It needed a little punch, just the sentiment alone was a little boring, so I stamped the sentiment again on Rose Red cardstock and cut out just the word "FUN", and adhered that over the word "FUN" on the black and white sentiment. It's adhered with dimensional tape. The whole sentiment was matted with the black and white designer paper.

For fun, I cut out a bunch of flowers from the Scenic Route paper that was my inspiration. I outlined each of them with my Stardust Gel pen for more spaaaaarkkkkle. After all this was done, I thought it still needed a little more punching up to make it truly a "fun" card, so I found an exclamation point in my chipboard pack and thought that would be the perfect final touch for the card! I covered it with some Scenic Route paper (scraps), and then adhered it right at the end of the sentiment! Love it! Hope you do too!

Thanks for your kind words yesterday after I shared with you all the curveballs we've been thrown this summer. We'll get through it, eventually. I personally believe God uses these events to bring us back to Him. In many instances, they are our "wake-up" call and reminder that we cannot successfully do it alone. We might mistakenly think we can, but in the end, we cannot. I need to remind myself of this often. I do have an update on Muriel. It was discovered yesterday that she has a staphococcle (?) infection at the site of the surgical wound. She is in much pain. As of around dinner time last night she was awaiting the arrival of a hard hitting antibiotic (the strongest available) to get a start on fighting the infection. They do not know yet if the infection is contained in the wound, or if it has spread to the rest of the body. If that's the case, that is not good. Hopefully I will know more soon. I will keep you updated.

Hugs,
Amy

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:34 AM

    I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Love your card, girlfriend! The paper is fun, the chipboard accents are awesome.
    Today was the first day in a long time that your blog didn't automatically turned into a dell page for me. I missed visiting it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. just read your post from yesterday, my heart goes out to you. That is a lot of burden to shoulder at one time, thankfully you can give it to the Lord to carry. Staph infection can be brutal, my hubby had it when were engaged, he got it from a hot tub. I will keep her in our prayers that her infection will quickly heal up. BTW....love your work for Cardvarks! I saw this challenge a little too late. I am waiting on new stamps too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it!! you just amaze me everyday!! love the chipboard bling.....love it!! and i'm awaiting a trip to the us so that i can pick up my new stamps....i can't wait!!!! when my mom got my catalog...i had her express it to me, and it was the best mail day i've had in germany by a long shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sense of color..

    You come up with some truely BEAUTIFUL combos.. Sorry lifes been tough lately.. I'll be thinking of you..

    -ginna

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always great card, love the papers and the embellishments. Hope all is well with your MIL real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:26 PM

    Wonderful card - so much to look at. My eyes kept wandering over it trying to take everything in. Lots of *Fun*!!!

    Hope things start looking better, faster for your MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely and lively card, Amy!

    I'm sorry to hear that your MIL's recovery has been so complicated. My prayers are with you and your family during such trying times.

    My July 1st order arrives tomorrow too. Here's hoping for some uninterrupted playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are just so fun, Amy! I just LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I know this card was from a few days ago. But I keep saving in on my Google Reader so that I'll remember to stop on over here and tell you how much I LOVE it. It's gorgeous, fab, *perfect*.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin