Tuesday, July 10, 2007

{Caardvarks} 5 Star Challenge

Boy. Life is throwing us some major curveballs this summer. And it keeps getting in my way of stamping. Not fair. I need my stamping to reduce stress levels and it's getting harder and harder to fit it in each day.

First curveball this summer was Muriel's double bypass surgery. Second curveball has been her slow recovery. Third curveball was thrown this past weekend when they were getting ready to send her home. The day they were going to release her they discovered more fluid in her lungs. No going home. The next day they attempted a blood transfusion (her hemaglobin is half what it should be) and she had an allergic reaction to the antibodies in the blood being transfused. She's not coming home anytime soon. It's been one month since surgery day. She will be moved to a nursing home until her lungs get better (which requires her to breath in the little spirometer thingy), and her hemaglobin levels increase (which requires her to EAT).

Fourth curveball was thrown yesterday when it was announced at work that my hubby's boss, THE TOP DOG, had been fired. Now, I don't know what you know about the radio industry, but it's especially fickle. This gentleman has been with this group of radio stations for over 25 years, is my guess. He's been my hubby's boss for about 12. NO ONE had a clue this was coming. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers these coming months.

Fifth curveball ws thrown later yesterday afternoon and is another freelance project for me (good, but bad). I was already working on trying to finish another project and now a new one has come down. This one is a tv buy that starts TODAY. Needless to say, I won't be getting much stamping done this week.

So, all this stuff going on was really just a way to explain for you WHY it's getting so hard for me to keep up with the {Caardvark} 10 Day-10K Challenge! I didn't get a chance yesterday to make my 5-Star card till early in the evening! I'm hoping I can squeeze today's challenge (Day 6, make a 6x6 in card) inbetween my two freelance projects and my business lunch.

Because this post has gone on too long, I'm not going to go into details on my 5-Star card submission. There isn't any stamping on it {insert sad face}, but I don't have any stamps that go with this funky paper from Love Elsie! So, I used my Thickers Stickers (by American Craft) instead to get my message across! Wouldn't this card be perfect for a teenage girl? I love this paper! I've made up a bunch of fun girl cards with it lately, but can't post them because I'm going to submit the cards to some pubs!

15 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:20 AM

    Great card! Such fun paper. Positive thoughts and prayers are going out to you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is totally rockin' today! Love those thicker stickers. So sorry to hear about all your curveballs. I'm thinking happy thoughts for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it rains it pours they say. I am so sorry that life is taking a thrashing at you...I can't believe how calmly and elegantly you handle it all. (I would be hiding in a corner crying!) I will be sending thoughts and well wishes your way. I know how scary it can be to have "unknowns" as far as the work force. Just keep supporting each other and you will get through it. I adore your card! I can't wait to hear about the publication call...good luck!

    Now stop reading all your fan mail and get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:13 PM

    Sorry to hear about your curve balls and how you stamp for sanity. Stamping keeps me sane with two young boys! My Grandfather also had a reaction to a blood transfusion when he had his pace maker put in! Scary!! Everything will work out..prayers sent up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is too cute! I am working on a double 12 x 12 layout for my lss design team using this very paper. Sorry to here about all of your trials. I'll keep a good thought for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be thinkin' of ya! Take a deep breathe...maybe go out for a walk and clear your head. And hopefully you can find some stamp time...it is always a good stress relief. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..what a crazy few months for you! good luck with everything...i'm thinking about you!! and love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness girl you are having a moment! :) I'll be praying for hubby's job and that you get some good "quiet time" soon! :) Also for your mil - poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Amy I'm so sorry to hear about all the extra stress in your life right now, sure hope things improve soon (and your hubby's job remains secure!). I just love today's card, so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used everything together. You used all my favorite stuff! Sorry to hear about dh's boss and all the other stuff going on in your life. I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...your blog is filled with beutifull cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll send good vibes your hubby's way. My DH has been in your hubby's situation- it is difficult and stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:29 AM

    Love the card, especially the striped scallops along the edges.

    And isn't is wonderful to know that, regardless of what you're facing in life, God is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beauty! And you seem to be dodging those curveballs!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin