Friday, June 15, 2007

She's Baaaack!



HELLO!!!!!!


I'm back from our vacation to the northern shores of Lake Superior!!! We had a wonderful time, as the photos I'm sharing will attest. The weather was outstanding, which for this neck of the woods is rare. Everyday, 70's and sunny! I will share more a little later this week.

I still haven't had time to stamp since I got back late yesterday. We had some upsetting news on our last night at camp (Wednesday). Doug's dad called to tell us that his mom was in the hospital with congestive heart failure. This is a shock, as Muriel is as healthy as a horse. She is 73 years young. We left earlier than planned yesterday to get home in time for the angiogram surgery they were performing yesterday afternoon. As it turns out, they discovered one artery 90% blocked and another is 80% blocked. Unfortunately, Muriel will need double bypass surgery, which has now been scheduled for Monday. She is in great hands at a wonderful hospital here in the cities. Hopefully all of us will be able to see her this weekend as she regains some strength before surgery Monday.

In the meantime, this is a card I made before I left! I know today is supposed to be Flashback Friday, but no time to get that ready. Our new roof is being installed today, so maybe after that is done, I'll sneak downstairs to stamp.

Hugs to all. I missed you! Can't wait to get back to creating! Here's a few snapshots of our trip...This is hubby and me after chapel one night....This is me and my boys in Grand Marais, MN, taking a little break from skipping stones on Lake Superior....

This is my family while on the shore of Lake Superior, where we had our chapel service one evening.....so beautiful....

This is the Work Staff. They were leading us in a round of camp songs. That's Lake Superior behind them!


Amy

13 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were! I missed you! :) Looks like you had a fabulous time from the pics! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's about dang time! I don't think some of us know how to function with you gone! {wink} So glad you had a good time! Great pics! Your card is super cute too, like always. I'll be praying for your MIL. I hope everything goes well. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back! Missed your posts....but so glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers to your MIL. The card is great and seems that the family had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:09 AM

    What wonderful pics of you and your family. Looks like you had fun- Grand Marais and the rest of the north shore is a wonderful place to go and enjoy God's creation isn't it! My MIL have their camper parked in the campground right on the harbor for the summer. We're hoping to go up soon.
    How was the scrapstore in Duluth? Should I make my DH stop on our way through?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great trip. So sorry to hear about the news that brought you home. I'll be sending some good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! :) It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun - can't wait for our family camp at the end of July! I also love pictures with moms and their boys... since I'm about to have four of them (five counting hubby)! Keep us posted on your MIL...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Sure missed you, but knew you were having fun. (Great pics!) I am sorry to hear about your MIL. I will be thinking good thoughts for her and your family. Can't wait to see more pictures...reminds me of home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you're back...I really missed your posts! Sorry to hear about your MIL. She's in prayers. Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beautiful card! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos as well! You have a beautiful family, and I'm glad to hear the weather was good, and that you had a great time.

    My MIL had the same surgery about seven years ago. I will pray for yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a yummy card! Sure have missed your posts this week! Looks like you and your family had a great time. So sorry to hear about your MIL. I'll keep y'all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home, Amy! You have been missed! Glad the trip was great (pictures are worth a thousand word)! Your MIL is in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin